Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion boss delighted by return to goalscoring form of Tomer Hemed [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
yH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7
Tomer Hemed (far right) slots his second goal and Albion's third in the rout of Leeds.

Andy Naylor, Chief sports reporter
Albion boss Chris Hughton has hailed the return to goalscoring form of Tomer Hemed.
The Israeli centre-forward scored twice, one a penalty, in tonight's 4-0 dismantling of Leeds at the Amex.
He has scored five goals in his last six appearances, and 11 for the season in total, after netting only once from mid-September to early February.
Hughton told The Argus: "I'm really delighted for Tomer. His fortunes have turned and he's getting some goals for us. Long may that continue.
"He's a lad that really wants to do well and he continued to work hard for the team through that (barren) period.
"That's why generally you keep faith with somebody. When you have options it's difficult, they are tough decisions."

Hemed's spot-kick launch a first half spree of four goals in the space of 20 minutes.
Hughton said: "It was a little bit of a relief when the first one went in. I knew then we would have opportunities. We are going through a spell at the moment where the margins are going our way.
"We've had two clean sheetsm which is important. I don't think we are necessarily playing any better than we have done in other periods, certainly earlier in the season, but we have just got the goals going our way."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here