Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More confident now than when unbeaten at Xmas

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
By a long way, despite now being in 4th place... This could be a white knuckle ride of a run-in!

Manager, squad, and goals, happy days!

Great to see so many players looking so very happy for their teammates, haven't seen quite that at ours for a while

I'm daring to hope now, we could do it, nothing to lose...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Dare I say it, bar a blip at Cardiff we are in good form at present and suddenly scoring goals for fun

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We're 4th and we've got a really tough run in. It's going to be the playoffs.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I still think it'll be tough to get past two of the top three, although by no means impossible. But things are looking up, the squad's stronger, players are coming back from injury, and we might even reach the situation where March is the only one injured (I hope that does happen, and it maintains itself for a good while). We should also avoid the ten-yellow card suspensions (probably).
Two big games coming up though. Preston are one of the real surprise packages in the Championship -- can't believe they're tenth -- and they were well drilled when they came down here. Hopefully, they'll feel the onus to come at us a bit more playing at home, and then we can unleash our counter-attacking qualities at them. Pleased that Sheff Wed will be without Forestieri, and hope his absence affects Hooper. Be good to beat them, potentially opening up a 11 point gap on them. If we win those two, then I might start sharing the OP's confidence.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I think we're going up automatically. Really do. And I'm the last person to get overly confident. Just a feeling all around the club and fans like never before. It's neck and neck and probably will remain so. But I think we'll do it. Like a well positioned middle distance runner coming into the final bend and onto the home straight...AND HERE COME BRIGHTON!!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Yes a tough run in but with home games against Burnley, Derby and Wednesday if (IF) we can beat them, then they drop the points. No easy games when sides are struggling/fighting at the bottom either.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Tough run in yes, but I don't think we have anyone to fear.

One game at a time though.

So bring on PNE :)

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Long, long way to go. Recent results have certainly helped.

Top 2: top 2.JPG

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I like your realism, but there is a chance Trig?
Well you obviously don't need to ask me.

With Rosenior back, Bong due back, wingers on form and a choice of strikers, we're looking as good as we ever have, but we're playing catch-up and others have easier run-ins, so I'm going to stick to realistically expecting the playoffs.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Nobody has a run in any easier than anybody else just look at Boro tonight. We are putting the pressure on and nobody will want to play us at the moment.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
You know about odds far more than most, but we're great value there. I still don't fancy us to make the top 2, but we ought to be 5/2 or 3/1 -- shouldn't we?

Betting is all about value in my opinion. I think we're overpriced, but we are still the unfashionable 'plucky overachievers' in many eyes. Combine that with lower liabilities amongst the betting firms and you end up with 9/2.
Have a nibble!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here