Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Four Days

Spinal Wheels

Apr 9, 2012
Newick
The next four days could have a large impact on our chances of making one of the two automatic promotion places, as both Boro & Hull play their games in hand. Fingers crossed that Blackburn, Birmingham, & Wolves can do us a big favour, & by 10pm this Friday evening the race will be even closer if that's possible. :clap2:

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Crazy talk,I know, but if Burnley f up on their 12.30 KO Saturday, we could go into the Preston game knowing a win would take us top.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Still a quarter of the season to go yet.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Crazy talk,I know, but if Burnley f up on their 12.30 KO Saturday, we could go into the Preston game knowing a win would take us top.

I care not at the moment. The only time being top of the league is important is after game 46

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Totally agree
Just saying like

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I care not at the moment. The only time being top of the league is important is after game 46

Oh come on Mr Misery. I love stuff like this. It might all come crashing down after 5 minutes of the Preston game starting but "what if" is what drives a lot of us football supporters on.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

We were top of the league for a while, weren't we? I loved it, every bit of it. It was important then.

Your view here is such a dull outlook on life.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
We were top of the league for a while, weren't we? I loved it, every bit of it. It was important then.

Your view here is such a dull outlook on life.

Perhaps but I would rather be dull now and ecstatic after game 46 than happy now and disappointed after game 46 - This is the best time to hit form rather than the beginning of the season. Yes of course it was nice being top early in the season but not important.

Do you remember the first time Red Rum won the Grand National when he came from behind and overtook the other horse at the last minute. Not everyone remembers the name of the horse he beat but Red Rum is in the history books

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Perhaps but I would rather be dull now and ecstatic after game 46 than happy now and disappointed after game 46 - This is the best time to hit form rather than the beginning of the season. Yes of course it was nice being top early in the season but not important.

Do you remember the first time Red Rum won the Grand National when he came from behind and overtook the other horse at the last minute. Not everyone remembers the name of the horse he beat but Red Rum is in the history books

Crisp.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Oh come on Mr Misery. I love stuff like this. It might all come crashing down after 5 minutes of the Preston game starting but "what if" is what drives a lot of us football supporters on.

I am this way because I like to try and manage Expectations. Everyone is different

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Lets be honest - we will probably come in the playoffs and lose to Derby.

But it's all good fun while it lasts

Not if we get top 2.

We'll need to beat Burnley at the AMEX, but looking at the current table and with Middlesbrough still to play Hull, it could be that the stars are finally starting to align for us.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Not if we get top 2.

We'll need to beat Burnley at the AMEX, but looking at the current table and with Middlesbrough still to play Hull, it could be that the stars are finally starting to align for us.

Last night's game has really opened things up. I know it's only one game, but it would have been really tough to close a 7 point gap on Boro. A (max) 4 point gap, on two clubs, while still large is achievable. The stars have to align; but it's possible...

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Boro have been inconsistent for a while, when they score first they generally don't lose. Could signing Rhodes have been a mistake, upsetting the apple cart etc. I had them nailed on for 6 points this week and then in my opinion it would have been 3 teams chasing 1 place.If Leadbitter is out for any time this is like us losing Kayal, and we will probably, to suspension. Hoping Hull still progress in the FAC, looks like they will be playing twice a week for the remainder of the season, and sky will have a say if they keep moving games. Burnley have to play 2 local derby's and you can't predict these matches. Blackburn at home saturday and Preston away. Birmingham have all of the top 4 to play at Home, so will have a massive say.Hull have 7 homes games left all winnable, so they will be thinking it is definitely in their own hands. They have Derby, Middlesbro and Birmingham away.

I believe we will not have a bad run again, blip possibly, but we are definitely back in the mix. A win at preston on saturday would be massive and if results went our way.... well when the mooosive club turn up on next Tuesday we could be back in the top 2.
Here's hoping.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
2 good weekday results this week so far.

Now it's Birmingham's turn to try to win against Hull.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You do know how this is going to pan out don't you? Birmingham will beat Hull and then on Saturday we'll not turn up at Preston :smile: :wink:

*followed the Albion too long*

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You do know how this is going to pan out don't you? Birmingham will beat Hull and then on Saturday we'll not turn up at Preston :smile: :wink:

*followed the Albion too long*

Yes, it could well be another classic 'throw all the good work away' Saturday.

Or, perhaps equally, they won't cope with Murphy and Knockaert, and the goals will keep going in for the albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here