Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurants in Calais

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Going to Calais for the weekend and when there previously noted most restaurants are closed Saturday evenings. Does anybody know of any reasonable middle of the range price wise restaurants that may be open. Dont want a cheap cafe or top price place just an ordinary restaurant serving meat and fish.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
One there called The Jungle, I believe. It is mainly middle eastern cuisine, and can get a little lively at times, but you should be okay there BG.:whistle:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Drive a couple of miles down the coast to a place called Cap Gris Nez, the place where cross channel swimmers swim to. The restaurant is called La Serene, used to go there once or twice a year, it was bloody wonderful, but I've not been able to get there now for a few years.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You had better hurry it appears the Jungle is closing

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What on earth? Saturday nights are the most popular nights for restaurants.

A quick check on Trip Advisor reveals there are 119 restaurants in Calais, which should give plenty of choice. There's even one called Oh! Seagulls, which sounds appropriate

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g196659-Calais_Pas_de_Calais_Nord_Pas_de_Calais.html

I looked at that and got confused with so many but there was one Au Grill in Rue St Mer which read quite well. Wife doesnt want to drive far when we arrive in Calais., That appears to be about 10 mins walk from our hotel.so she can have a glass of wine, I am all heart.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Drive a couple of miles down the coast to a place called Cap Gris Nez, the place where cross channel swimmers swim to. The restaurant is called La Serene, used to go there once or twice a year, it was bloody wonderful, but I've not been able to get there now for a few years.

Still very much open.
In Audinghen which is in a different universe to the jungle (and Calais port to be fair). Serves wonderful fresh seafood.
I once had smoked eel there served with smoked salmon and scrambled duck eggs. Superb!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
never had a bad meal in cafe de tour and its always busy with locals,reasonable prices too.....its on the old square where the de gaulle statue is and a few yards from the better known cafe de paris

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here