Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hemed-post-leeds-l229-2981296_478x359.jpg

Tomer Hemed celebrates.
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 1st March 2016
by James Hilsum
Albion's in-form striker found the net twice last night.
I scored two goals and the team won; I think it is one of my best performances of the season. "
Tomer Hemed
Brighton & Hove Albion striker Tomer Hemed believes he put in one of his finest displays of the season so far in last night’s emphatic 4-0 win over Leeds United.
The Israeli international scored his tenth and 11th goals in this campaign, but insists his only focus is to help the team secure automatic promotion to the Premier League.
He said, “I scored two goals and the team won; I think it is one of my best performances of the season.
“I never have a goal target, but I want to score as many goals as I can to make sure we finish in the top two.
“We have won many games where I haven’t scored, but I was part of a good performance.
“But I have been a part of the success this season and I scored goals to help us win the game, which is the best feeling for me.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

Hemed has now challenged his teammates to maintain this level of performance until May.
“I am happy that we have back-to-back wins and we need to keep playing like that from now until the end of the season.
“Sometimes it has an effect when you play after the other teams, but we concentrated on our game and we were focussed. Everyone saw that we played well from the first minute and in the end I’m happy we got the result we wanted.”
The frontman’s partnership with Sam Baldock continues to go from strength to strength, but he was keen to praise the overall talent in the club’s forward ranks.
“I have a good relationship in the games with Sam. I like to play with him and all the other strikers in the team.
“We have very good attacking players in the team and we can share the goals around, but the statistics show when Sam and I play together, the team does well.
“We’re hoping to keep these statistics until the end of the season.”[h=3]ALBION V SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY
[/h]TUESDAY 8TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V READING*
[/h]TUESDAY 15TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V BURNLEY
[/h]SATURDAY 2ND APRIL, KICK-OFF 12.30PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here