Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is our best starting eleven?

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Now that the squad is almost injury free, with the exception of Solly March, Chris Hughton will have a tough time picking his starting eleven for each match. We seem to have a lot of depth in the squad, that we haven't had for a while.

Who do you think is our best starting eleven, if every player was fit and available for selection?

Here's my opinion...

Stock
Rosenior
Dunk
Goldson
Bong
Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
Murphy
Baldock
Hemed

I feel really harsh about leaving Bruno out, but I think Rosenior just edges it. And despite Dunk's mistakes this season, I've picked him over Greer.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If fit and all bang in form...

Stockdale

Bruno
Rosenior

Dunk
Goldson

Kayal
Stephens

Knockaert
Lua Lua

Wilson
Hemed

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If everybody was fit...

GK. Stockdale (Maenpaa)
RB. Bruno (Calderon)
LB. Bong (Rosenior)
CB. Dunk (Uwe)
CB. Goldson (Greer)
RM. Knockaert (March)
LM. Murphy (Lualua)
CM. Kayal (Sidwell)
CM. Stephens (Crofts)
CF. Hemed (Zamora)
CF. Baldock (Wilson)

Jesus - that (reserve) team is a perfectly reasonable Championship side, and that still leaves, Ankergren, Walton, Ince, Towell, Forster-Caskey, Skalak and Holla!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
As the last two games:

----------------------Stockdale----------------------
--Bruno-----Goldson----Dunk-----Rosenior---
--Knockaert----Kayal---Stephens--Murphy---
---------------Hemed------Baldock----------------

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
As the last two games:

----------------------Stockdale----------------------
--Bruno-----Goldson----Dunk-----Rosenior---
--Knockaert----Kayal---Stephens--Murphy---
---------------Hemed------Baldock----------------

Correct, I think Murphy has doe very well stepping up a league this season and apart from a small blip in form when the whole team suffered he has been so consistent and fully deserves a place in the team, over Kaz and Solly.

Goldson for me has also proved his worth and is by far the best prospect at our club currently.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
As well as Murphy has done, and is currently in excellent form, a fit and in form Lua Lua is a far more dangerous and better player in my opinion.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
If everybody was fit...

GK. Stockdale (Maenpaa)
RB. Bruno (Calderon)
LB. Bong (Rosenior)
CB. Dunk (Uwe)
CB. Goldson (Greer)
RM. Knockaert (March)
LM. Murphy (Lualua)
CM. Kayal (Sidwell)
CM. Stephens (Crofts)
CF. Hemed (Zamora)
CF. Baldock (Wilson)

Jesus - that (reserve) team is a perfectly reasonable Championship side, and that still leaves, Ankergren, Walton, Ince, Towell, Forster-Caskey, Skalak and Holla!

Wow! That is not bad at all is it. This squad looks good when you can actually select from all of it.

I'm expecting the side to remain fairly settled for the run in now, with Bong being the only player that may unsettle an incumbent. Hopefully this continuity will lead to the consistantly high level of performance that we have seen in the last two games.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Lot of people including baldock (based on last 2 games I guess) but I'm not completely convinced he's good enough for a top end championship side.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If everybody was fit...

GK. Stockdale (Maenpaa)
RB. Bruno (Calderon)
LB. Bong (Rosenior)
CB. Dunk (Uwe)
CB. Goldson (Greer)
RM. Knockaert (March)
LM. Murphy (Lualua)
CM. Kayal (Sidwell)
CM. Stephens (Crofts)
CF. Hemed (Zamora)
CF. Baldock (Wilson)

Jesus - that (reserve) team is a perfectly reasonable Championship side, and that still leaves, Ankergren, Walton, Ince, Towell, Forster-Caskey, Skalak and Holla![/

The only change I would make is Skalak for Lua Lua and I would like to see a better alternative to Stephens than Crofts who I think is now past Championship standard, except to kill a game off for he last 10 mins with negative football.and ball retention.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Lot of people including baldock (based on last 2 games I guess) but I'm not completely convinced he's good enough for a top end championship side.

It was the toughest choice. I actually think both Wilson and Zamora are probably as good / better, but that the TEAM looks better with him in it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The only change I would make is Skalak for Lua Lua and I would like to see a better alternative to Srtephens than Crofts who I think is now past Championship standard, except to kill a game off for he last 10 mins with negative football.and ball retention.

I don't think Skalak has shown enough yet to be considered to be ahead of a fully fit Lualua, who was our BEST player at the start of this season.

As for Crofts, I agree, but remember that Sidwell is probably 'first back up' to both CM, and Crofts is only next in line.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I believe that Lua Lua is only effective for 20-25 mins of a game either at the start or end and wonder why he has not featured from the bench since being fit, or is he?

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Stockdale
Rosenior Dunk Greer Bong
Knockheart Kayal Stephens March
Hemed Baldock

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Stockdale
Bruno Dunk Goldson Bong
Rosenoir Stephens Kayal Murphy (March if fit)
Lua Lua
Hemed​

Definities (against almost all opposition) in bold. Lualua is no goood unless he is on from the start.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Stockdale

Rosenior (hardest choice, just pipping Bruno)
Greer (as captain, just gets in for his leadership + experience)
Dunk
Bong

Knocheart
Kayal
Stephens
Murphy

Wilson (we're yet to see his best IMO)
Hamed

With a very strong bench. You could even push Rosenior to midfield and play Bruno if playing a tough away match.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I don't think Skalak has shown enough yet to be considered to be ahead of a fully fit Lualua, who was the Championship's BEST player at the start of this season.

As for Crofts, I agree, but remember that Sidwell is probably 'first back up' to both CM, and Crofts is only next in line.

Corrected for you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here