Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed & Knockaert's celebration

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'll never get tired of their happy faces and signature celebration when one of them scores

f7rsUE5.gif

Last edited:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I love it - I love them

I found myself jumping to Knockers defence earlier when a Watford fan asked who our winger was and why he had an irrational hatred (due to the dive against them in the playoffs a few years ago)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I don't mind them, shows a camaraderie I think. As long as they're not too long-winded and become boring, but that's short and memorable.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Call me miserable but I find these pre-arranged goal celebrations cringey.

(thumbs down will do)
You'd have a point if it was one of those long winded efforts that might as well have been choreographed by Strictly Len.

But to find 3 seconds of joy and obvious team spirit cringey might just say more about you than you'd like, you misery :lol:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
You'd have a point if it was one of those long winded efforts that might as well have been choreographed by Strictly Len.

But to find 3 seconds of joy and obvious team spirit cringey might just say more about you than you'd like, you misery :lol:

I always had team morale/spirit judged on performances. Maybe I need to pay more attention to these goal celebrations. There's obviously a lot more to them.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Why did AK punch that leeds player in the back of the head when Hemed was taking his penalty ??? not exactly a knockaert blow but still could've been sent off for that.

(27 seconds in)

https://youtu.be/dmL_FQl8uPM?t=27

edit: after watching it in slow motion it does look like the leeds player digs him in the ribs a bit and he retaliates

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Thanks

Why did AK punch that leeds player in the back of the head when Hemed was taking his penalty ??? not exactly a knockaert blow but still could've been sent off for that.

(27 seconds in)

https://youtu.be/dmL_FQl8uPM?t=27

edit: after watching it in slow motion it does look like the leeds player digs him in the ribs a bit and he retaliates

Thank you for pointing that out. I was sitting in the east stand, south end, and saw the briefly square up to each other after the penalty, but had absolutely no idea why. Didn't look like there was too much in it, but would've been stupid to get sent off for it if the referee/linesman saw the punch.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Asked elsewhere, but I'll ask again, any idea what Baldock's celebration was all about?

It shows an artistic side to our team in using contemporary goal celebrations as a method of maintaining team morale.

Baldock's goal celebration meant more to the team than Hemed and Knockart duo celebration, in my opinion.

I just can't wait till LuaLua scores. That's when we're at our best!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here