Thumbsdown: Want or dont want?

• Want

Votes: 82 58.2%
  • Don't want

Votes: 59 41.8%

• Total voters

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Should the forum keep the Thumbdown option? Or was it better without?

What do you think?

Last edited:

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Its confusing in that if you click it, it turns into a red thumbs down, giving you the impression that you have given it a thumbs down when in fact you've given it a thumbs up.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Since the thumbsdown button was removed there have been a couple of occasions where I'd have loved to have it back - but only a couple - and on those occasions the need can always be met by posting 'Oh for a thumbsdown button!' in reply. On the whole I think this board is a friendlier place without it, so on balance it's a no thanks from me.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Since the thumbsdown button was removed there have been a couple of occasions where I'd have loved to have it back - but only a couple - and on those occasions the need can always be met by posting 'Oh for a thumbsdown button!' in reply. On the whole I think this board is a friendlier place without it, so on balance it's a no thanks from me.

I have to agree.

I've done a couple of thumbsdown today, felt good at the time but now I feel kind of dirty.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I agree, and that's why it was removed.

It's back for one day only, by request. (See the Skalak thread)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
:)
I have to agree.

I've done a couple of thumbsdown today, felt good at the time but now I feel kind of dirty.

And so you shouldDD, If I was a young whipper snapper I would probably have to have therapy, as it is, I'm old enough and ugly enough to put it behind me,and move on :)

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

And so you shouldDD, If I was a young whipper snapper I would probably have to have therapy, as it is, I'm old enough and ugly enough to put it behind me,and move on :)

Dude I'm sorry for the thumbdown I gave you earlier, as I said to my old ma many years ago, everyone else was doing it so I just joined in.

& as she told me in response, that is no excuse!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

Agree with this.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

I'm getting a taste of my own medicine too. :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Don't agree with thumbs down. If you don't like someone's post then add to the debate with a post of your own explaining why.

Couldn't agree more.

Extend that principal to the thumbs UP as well, and we'll really be cooking with gas. If you agree with someone, or you like the jib of their post, then quote it and say something. Or if there's really nothing to add, then just nod sagely to yourself in quiet approval and move on.

I dunno why we have to collect all these thumbings. A notification of a thumb is always a bit of a letdown. I much prefer a quote, even if its someone calling me a dickhead.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Couldn't agree more.

Extend that principal to the thumbs UP as well, and we'll really be cooking with gas. If you agree with someone, or you like the jib of their post, then quote it and say something. Or if there's really nothing to add, then just nod sagely to yourself in quiet approval and move on.

I dunno why we have to collect all these thumbings. A notification of a thumb is always a bit of a letdown. I much prefer a quote, even if its someone calling me a dickhead.

You can turn off notifications of thumbs :moo:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Can't agree with that - sorry! I'd much rather give a thumbs up to a post I agree with rather than join a list of replies of 'this' (or lol if it makes me chuckle; not that I would ever post 'lol' anyway, but.......)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can't agree with that - sorry! I'd much rather give a thumbs up to a post I agree with rather than join a list of replies of 'this' (or lol if it makes me chuckle; not that I would ever post 'lol' anyway, but.......)

I agree, quoting and adding "this" is a bit pointless. Either quote your agreement and actually make your own point, or just carry on regardless. Surely not everything needs acknowledging.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here