Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hooray!!!!!!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Thumbsup only had some merit to it I think.

If you don't have anything nice to thumb...

Let's be honest, at times some people are going to get thumbed down just because they are unpopular. Thumbsdown can make things abit cliquey & tit for tat.

Then again, maybe some people will think a little harder before they post rubbish too.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Thumbsup only had some merit to it I think.

If you don't have anything nice to thumb...

Let's be honest, at times some people are going to get thumbed down just because they are unpopular. Thumbsdown can make things abit cliquey & tit for tat.

Then again, maybe some people will think a little harder before they post rubbish too.

I see the points to both. However often on here there will be comments made which are perfectly sensible but the NSC mob will jump on them and they will receive loads of thumbs down. If anyone is particularly sensitive they may not post these and therefore the conversation may suffer?

Also - Sorry Lawros Left for the thumbs down - I just hadn't done one in ages!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I see the points to both. However often on here there will be comments made which are perfectly sensible but the NSC mob will jump on them and they will receive loads of thumbs down. If anyone is particularly sensitive they may not post these and therefore the conversation may suffer?

Someone just downthumbed my post :lolol:

Still hurts :(

Fair point about a chilling effect too, but come on, if you are that sensitive then internet forums may not be for you.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Ben's Grandad got a ridiculous number of unjustified thumbs down the last time this facility was available. Didn't bother him at all :lolol:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
THINK before posting RUBBISH

To be fair I wasn't talking about peoples opinions, I was talking about those deliberately rude and incendiary posts, then again thinking about it those posters probably consider thumbsdown as a mark of success. :shrug:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Fair point about a chilling effect too, but come on, if you are that sensitive then internet forums may not be for you.

You didn't have to thumbs down me though DD, I hardly ever thumbs down anyone except a select few

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
You didn't have to thumbs down me though DD, I hardly ever thumbs down anyone except a select few

This thread was kind of asking for it, in the nicest possible way! Genuinely it was meant affectionately/humorously.

Yeah, this thumbsdown thing could be a bad idea :lolol:

On reflection I would vote that we revert to thumbsup only. Much more civilized and I hate to think of all the hurt feelings. Including my own :lolol:

Last edited:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

Oh definitely agree, but over the years we have had many people on here that have been either over sensitive or in a slightly delicate mental state. The number of thumbs down they would have probably got may have had an effect on them.

When we had them before whenever I received some I would usually look back at the post and think 'yeah I was a tit' or - 'fine thumbs down me then you tit'. I then moved on with my life!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Oh definitely agree, but over the years we have had many people on here that have been either over sensitive or in a slightly delicate mental state. The number of thumbs down they would have probably got may have had an effect on them.

When we had them before whenever I received some I would usually look back at the post and think 'yeah I was a tit' or - 'fine thumbs down me then you tit'. I then moved on with my life!

Yeah, all very tue, as someone else said on the Poll thread this place is a nicer place without it. It's only back for a day apparently, so that's good.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Yeah, all very tue, as someone else said on the Poll thread this place is a nicer place without it. It's only back for a day apparently, so that's good.

Well in that case I had better start to go mental on the thumbs down as I will only regret it if I don't make the most of it

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'd bin off the thumbs completely if I was in power. Waste of bandwidth.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here