Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 different centre backs

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What a difference between Dunk who stuck his head in everywhere to stop any threat aparrt from his goal and that big useless article they had Bamba who didnt win a ball or tackle first half. I though that he was taking a leaf out of Titus Brambles book. absolutely useless.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
First few minutes I thought Bamba looked strong but as has been posted, he went downhill rapidly. To get muscled off the ball by balldock shows just how poor he was in the end.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
First few minutes I thought Bamba looked strong but as has been posted, he went downhill rapidly. To get muscled off the ball by balldock shows just how poor he was in the end.

Or how strong Baldock is and made him look bad.

However it is probably somewhere in between, Bamba is just a ****ing lump like most of that Leeds team.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What a difference between Dunk who stuck his head in everywhere to stop any threat aparrt from his goal and that big useless article they had Bamba who didnt win a ball or tackle first half. I though that he was taking a leaf out of Titus Brambles book. absolutely useless.

Didn't you tell us that Dunk couldn't head a ball?

Oct 25, 2003
anyone else remember that game at the amex when bamba was an absolute machine when he played for leicester? everyone was raving about him

he was awful last night though

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dunk and Goldson have to be first choice now don't they?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
anyone else remember that game at the amex when bamba was an absolute machine when he played for leicester? everyone was raving about him

Yes I remember thinking how dominant he was when we got beat at Leicester under Gus rather than at the Amex.

Just what we need I thought at the time :rolleyes:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Thing with Bamba - just like Danny Shittu who was 'awesome' in that Millwall debacle last season - if you play to their very limited strengths, they look good. If you move the ball quickly, and pull them out of their comfort zone, they are a liability.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Didn't you tell us that Dunk couldn't head a ball?

He has improved this area of his game tremendously and is now getting distance on his headers rather than just heading them up in the air. Perhaps having CC as assistant manager, who was a ball winning centre back, has helped him, He has just got to sort out the shirt tugging either stop it or get better at covering it up and he will gain more credibility. I thought that he played very well last night and wilt Goldson is forming a great pairing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here