Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kaz. Still injured....or...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
...has CH got the hump with him for...I dunno...sulking about getting warmed up, stripping off and then not coming on (due to a Kayal injury, I think)?

I'm not totally convinced he's still injured.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
CH said last night hes available.... so basically not selected.

Oh, I didn't see that.

Hard to see why Skalak would be preferred to Kaz so soon after arriving unless there was some message being delivered to Kaz...ie it's unlikely to just be a "footballing decision".

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Unfortunately we have better , more consistent players less restricted by injuries. He will still play an important part at some point no doubt

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Oh, I didn't see that.

Hard to see why Skalak would be preferred to Kaz so soon after arriving unless there was some message being delivered to Kaz...

Really? Skalak being an international player?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Oh, I didn't see that.

Hard to see why Skalak would be preferred to Kaz so soon after arriving unless there was some message being delivered to Kaz...

How's Skalak going to get game time if he doesn't even make the bench? It's a nice problem for CH to have though

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Oh, I didn't see that.

It was on the radio after the game he said about being available.

Personally id have him on the bench all day long. im loving the crazy Cech but for now id have Kaz as a true game changer.....

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Really? Skalak being an international player?

True, but untested in the Championship, and Kaz had a lot of success early in the season...

sheesh - can't a man enjoy a conspiracy theory any more?!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Just me then? The consensus seems to be heading towards "Skalak's a better option than Kaz atm, despite not having played in the Championship before". Furry muff.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
That's a selection problem I'm more than happy for us to have.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Also Skalak seems to be a player that can player wide, behind the striker or upfront, so this versatility would probably place him ahead of Kaz as a bench option.

Plus Ch said last night that the 18 on duty for Bristol deserved the chance to maintain an unchanged 18.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I think it's tactical.

Since we acquired Knockaert we've altered our approach to play more with pace and on the break. Whilst Kaz has pace over 5,10 yards, he is not a break-out winger like Murphy is. He can also only really play one way, the matador, teasing winger. Skalak offers more flexibility off the bench as a winger or (as he started to show last night) a 2nd striker running the channels.

PG

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Give me Lua lua over Skalak anyday based on what i have seen so far. Have some people forgotten the opening few weeks when Kas tore this league a new one?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I think it's tactical.

Since we acquired Knockaert we've altered our approach to play more with pace and on the break. Whilst Kaz has pace over 5,10 yards, he is not a break-out winger like Murphy is. He can also only really play one way, the matador, teasing winger. Skalak offers more flexibility off the bench as a winger or (as he started to show last night) a 2nd striker running the channels.

PG

Yep, we've certainly morphed into a fast-breaking counter attacking side recently, which is exciting to watch (pretty effective too!). I can see too that Skalak offers more in that situation than Kaz, and, still more, can play as a 10. Does this mean that Kaz is now a bit player til the end of the season, at which point he goes? Football's a mean master if so....

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Skalak should have been given 45min last night - and time at Bristol City.

Needs game time. Too early to write off.

BTW, who are we dropping when Murray arrives? Wilson or Zamora?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Skalak should have been given 45min last night - and time at Bristol City.

Needs game time. Too early to write off.

BTW, who are we dropping when Murray arrives? Wilson or Zamora?

Agreed.

I just get the feeling that Kaz can't be trusted, gives away silly fouls and gets booked very quickly. Also fairly limited attacking player, can produce a moment of magic but is not consistent

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here