Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

7 yellow cards!

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Was the ref on the money, or a bit card happy?

I thought that Cooper was very lucky to still be on the pitch. First challenge that went uncarded was worse than his second which was.

I think that his card of Rosenior sadly set a precedent for the game.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Was the ref on the money, or a bit card happy?

I thought that Cooper was very lucky to still be on the pitch. First challenge that went uncarded was worse than his second which was.

I think that his card of Rosenior sadly set a precedent for the game.

Personally I thought there could have been a few more, and yes Cooper lucky to be still on the field. Thought they put in some nasty challenges second half, but equally our retaliation, while demonstrating a team fighting spirit, deserved the yellow cards we got and we just have to be a bit more savvy. We also committed a number of fouls close to our box which always draw yellow cards. 7 was about right to my mind.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
WHY OH WHY was their 11 not booked for the blatant dive in the first few mins - he didn't even appeal for a pen as knew it looked like a clear dive - then he books LR 5 mins later :shrug:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Looking at the Ref's stats before the game he likes his yellows, I was thinking he was a bit card happy last night, but most were probably justified.

That being said I thought Baldocks was harsh all he did was get in the guys face, and the same thing happened the other way later on without a booking, so a little inconsistent.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I thought the ref was poor, inconsistent on the yellows. One Leeds dive on the edge of the box was ridiculous.

Sometimes the players pick up that a ref is weak and start taking liberties; thought that was the case last night.

PG

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Given the number of altercations between the players after fouls, would indicate to me that the ref was weak and failed to stamp down on the nasty tackles and should have issued more cards.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
That being said I thought Baldocks was harsh all he did was get in the guys face

He shoved the player in the chest, was always going to get at least a yellow after doing that. I was quite relieved he didn't get a red to be honest.

I still don't understand why the fouls by Leeds leading to the penalty and the free kick on the edge of the area shortly afterwards didn't warrant a card though - there was a point in the first half where we were leading the card count having barely committed a foul whilst Leeds were seemingly upending us with impunity!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
He shoved the player in the chest, was always going to get at least a yellow after doing that. I was quite relieved he didn't get a red to be honest.

I still don't understand why the fouls by Leeds leading to the penalty and the free kick on the edge of the area shortly afterwards didn't warrant a card though - there was a point in the first half where we were leading the card count having barely committed a foul whilst Leeds were seemingly upending us with impunity!

You're right, maybe I'm thinking of the incident after the Knockaert showboat incident at the end? There was deffo one yellow which didn't seem warrented to me.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Thought our cards were justified, cannot understand why Leeds did not have more though. Cooper clearly should have been red carded, ref very inconsistant in my view.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Watched it back and Leeds put in some very bad tackles. The ref obviously felt sorry for them and was very lenient which is poor officiating in my opinion as they could have easily caused a serious injury to one of our players.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The greatest threat we faced last night was ourselves.

I wouldn't have been surprised if we'd picked up a stupid red for retaliation the way we were responding to some challenges.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Rosenior's booking was a joke. The Ref set the benchmark way too early and could only go one way from there. Leeds were lucky to keep 11 on the pitch and we came a bit close a couple of times in the later stages of the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here