Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post-Leeds: Would anyone settle for Playoffs now?

Would you settle for confirmed 3rd-6th spot now if it meant forgoing a chance at the top 2

• Yes - we could still drop out of the top 6 altogether.

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • No - a playoff place is all but cemented and top two is absolutely achievable.

Votes: 44 91.7%

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
N o, no

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
We're now 11 points clear of 7th, so I consider a play-off spot a near certainty. Therefore, no, I won't "settle" for one now, since I think there's next to no downside risk.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not a chance should we settle for rolling the playoff dice.

Top 2, or nothing.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
I still think we are big underdogs for the top 2. Hull and Boro have eminently winnable games in hand, we will need to start winning away games consistently which is something we have been poor at throughout the season. Given we are 11 points clear of 7th, the answer to the question is no.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
We're in that 'limbo' stage - 11 clear of 7th means that we really should think of a play-off spot as a given (even though that is dangerous) - but with Boro and Hull having game/s in hand it's hard to assess. We've seen that we can hold our own v Hull/Burnley but be taught a lesson v Boro. We've also seen us take a pasting at Cardiff and struggle to put Bolton & Charlton to bed.

The most annoying thing is that this league is so hard to predict.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We don't have a choice, do we? Top two would be great, and at this stage the play-offs would almost seem a disappointment ................... but it's all down to the results the team gets. We can't 'settle' for anything. Only certainty is (I think) that there is no longer any possibility of freak results that make it mathematically possible for us to be relegated.

Which, after last season, is goodish.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we'd not shagged up the 2 home games vs Ipswich and Wolves, we'd surely be charging towards being champions.

Our squad was destroyed by injuries, but they are mostly back now.

Top 2 is realistic.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The real question is, would Hull, Burnley or Boro settle for the play-offs? The answer is NO because two of them are ex Premier League teams expecting to bounce back straight away and the other has raped FFP so hard they'll get a transfer ban until 2030 if they stay in the Championship next season. We should be confident of promotion via the top two or the play-offs.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Fairly sure the objective for anyone on a low income right now is for matters to be settled one way or the other before Boro.

That said, an afternoon of Middlesbrough pint prices would be amazing/lethal if we had to go up there and then did the business.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I still think we are big underdogs for the top 2. Hull and Boro have eminently winnable games in hand, we will need to start winning away games consistently which is something we have been poor at throughout the season. Given we are 11 points clear of 7th, the answer to the question is no.

If you were a neutral looking at recent results only and not seeing the performances, then Brighton are the neutrals choice. Quite simply because we are the ones winning by the big margins now. I know the goal difference is still against Brighton but more performances like the last two and that could be whittled away as well.

I say just take one game at a time. Play one team at a time and go into every game thinking. ''This game is not won. To win it we need to go out and win it by putting in 100%'' If we do that we will go up automatically. If we take any match for granted then we won't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here