Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The bestest squad ever...EVER!!!!

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Even going back to old Div ! days in the early 80's, Ward & Mellor, Poyet.... I cannot remember (after 64 years of support) a squad that have so much exciting talent in depth and we're still in the 2nd tier of Football league. Even if we don't make it this year (which we will) there is so much to look forward too, if we can hold on to CH and much of the team. Exciting or what!!!!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Quality squad that is only just started to gel properly due to new signings and
injuries galore..Will continue to improve and with lua lua and bong due back shortly the timing is spot on.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Yep, and i honestly think we could of gone up a gear aswel if needed.
We looked so comfotable. Great times :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Or as Virgo said just as I got back to the car:-

'nearly as good as the Albion team I played in'.

If only he applied some irony.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we fail to go up, we need to hold on to Kayal, Stephens, Murphy and Knockaert, and we'll go up as champions next year.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
They haven't broken sweat in the last 2 games and yet won both 4-0 ; however, cant afford to get carried away or complacent. The Cardiff game showed us that.

Every new game starts at 0-0 so we have it all to do many times yet but this must be good for the confidence and teams won't be so expansive against us now. I think a lot of them will sit in and defend against us now but the good thing is. It looks like we can go up a notch when we need to as long as we are patient and gradually pull teams around the pitch.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Even going back to old Div ! days in the early 80's, Ward & Mellor, Poyet.... I cannot remember (after 64 years of support) a squad that have so much exciting talent in depth and we're still in the 2nd tier of Football league. Even if we don't make it this year (which we will) there is so much to look forward too, if we can hold on to CH and much of the team. Exciting or what!!!!

We'll have to see. If we do go up, and are to survive, we'll have to do some tweaking - or possibly wholesale changes from front to back; I don't know which. If it's only tweaking, then yes, maybe it will be better than the team of '79, where a substantial portion of the promotion winning team kept us in the first division that first season. Squad very exciting, yes, but too early to judge yet.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I thought at the time the 1963/4 squad was great ...but this squad is really strength in depth...but we still need that 20 goal forward...but onwards and upwards...

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Do we really, only 3 teams have scored more than us this season. I would rather not rely on one player.
True...but 63/64 season we scored a 104 goals...even in the days of one sub every forward reached double figures..yes it was in the days of 5/3/2/1
and the great Bobby Smith was only second top scorer...but agree with you that we should not rely on one player...the good thing about this team is that every player works for the others...onwards and upwards eh!

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
It's saying something that August's Championship Player of the Month (KLL) could not make the squad tonight despite being fit (Hughton confirmed on Radio Sussex after the match). With the players back from injury the squad looks pretty deep. Murphy, Baldock, Knockaert, Rosenior and Hemed running at speed scared the shit out of Leeds in the first half this evening.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
True...but 63/64 season we scored a 104 goals...even in the days of one sub every forward reached double figures..yes it was in the days of 5/3/2/1
and the great Bobby Smith was only second top scorer...but agree with you that we should not rely on one player...the good thing about this team is that every player works for the others...onwards and upwards eh!

No we didn't. We scored 71 that season, and Bobby Smith played for Spurs, not us.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here