Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
------------------ Stockdale ------------------
Bruno --- Goldson -- Dunk --- Rosenoir
Knockaert - Stephens - Kayal - Murphy
------------- Hemed --- Baldock -----------

Subs: Maenpaa, Calde, Greer, Sidwell, KLL, Wilson, Zamora

Big decisions all of a sudden. This 18 lacks Skalak, and there's real talent on bench.
-- When will Greer be drafted back? Neither of the two incumbents deserve dropping at present.
-- When will KLL get his starting-place back? Knockaert is undroppable, only injury or a prolonged loss of form will achieve this. Murphy has shown his a more intelligent and industrious player, and doesn't deserve to lose his place yet. Skalak's performance against Cardiff also warrants further selections. We've got great options out wide, even without arguably our best winger (player?) out for the rest of the season.
-- Who should start up front? Again, I've gone with the incumbents, who both scored in the previous game, and made assists, and dovetail well with one another. This selection is also informed by having a pair that play well together throughout an entire match so, if we're not winning on the hour, bring Bobby and Wilson on to cause them different problems.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012

Big decisions all of a sudden. This 18 lacks Skalak, and there's real talent on bench.
-- When will Greer be drafted back? Neither of the two incumbents deserve dropping at present.
-- When will KLL get his starting-place back? Knockaert is undroppable, only injury or a prolonged loss of form will achieve this. Murphy has shown his a more intelligent and industrious player, and doesn't deserve to lose his place yet. Skalak's performance against Cardiff also warrants further selections. We've got great options out wide, even without arguably our best winger (player?) out for the rest of the season.
-- Who should start up front? Again, I've gone with the incumbents, who both scored in the previous game, and made assists, and dovetail well with one another. This selection is also informed by having a pair that play well together throughout an entire match so, if we're not winning on the hour, bring Bobby and Wilson on to cause them different problems.

Agree with the starting 11 but would probably put Skalak on the bench instead of KLL or Wilson.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Stockdale
Bruno Goldson Dunk Rosenior
Knockaert Kayal Stephens Murphy
Hemed Zamora​

Subs
Maenpaa, Calderon, Greer, Sidwell, LuaLua, Skalak, Wilson

Stumpy Tim

Stockdale
Bruno - Goldson - Dunk - Rosenoir
Hemed - Zamora​

Subs: Maenpaa, Skalak, Greer, Sidwell, KLL, Calderon, Baldock

Wilson missing out... too similar to Baldock to have taking a space on the bench

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Got to say, there have been envious glances at Middlesborough's squad all season from within these boards - now at last others may be doing the same when they see ours!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Stockdale
Bruno..Goldson..Dunk...Rosenior
Knockaert...Stephens...Kayal...Murphy
Hemed..Baldock.
Subs;Maenpaa, Bong, Sidwell, Zamora. Skalak, Wilson Greer

That us what I would lije but think Calderon will be in for Bong.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Got to say, there have been envious glances at Middlesborough's squad all season from within these boards - now at last others may be doing the same when they see ours!
Maybe but I still think we are under the radar a little. Not many opposition fans will really know more than 3/4 of our players.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Stockdale
Bruno Greer Dunk Rosenior
Hemed Baldock

Subs
Maenpaa, Bong, Goldson, Sidwell, LuaLua, Skalak, Wilson

Ermmm hand on a second, no Zamora.... So, Zamora for either Lua-Lua/Skalak/Wilson

This is starting to get tricky...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Stockdale
Bruno Greer Dunk Rosenior
Hemed Baldock

Subs
Maenpaa, Bong, Goldson, Sidwell, LuaLua, Skalak, Wilson

Ermmm hand on a second, no Zamora.... So, Zamora for either Lua-Lua/Skalak/Wilson

This is starting to get tricky...
Swap Goldson and Greer, and Zamora head of KLL on the subs. bench.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Hmmm... KLL or Skalak? The latter should have been given game time at Bristol imo. (Hard to rate on the Cardiff performance)

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I think we are almost at the point where Hughton will actually have first choice starting X1.

I'd be surprised if 10 of this team (fitness permitting) were not starting every game.

Stockdale

Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Rosenior

Knockaert
Kayal
Stephens
Murphy

Hemed
Baldock

Bench
Maenpaa
Bong
Kaz/Skalek
BZ
Wilson
Greer
Sidwell

It's a big IF but if we can keep the treament table empty then Hughton may finally have a settled side for the run-in with a bench full of game changers if required.

Very impressed how we have built this squad over the season and it is mostly ours too.

Saturn

Vicarious
Feb 11, 2016
Stockdale
Bruno - Goldson - Dunk - Rosenior
Hemed - Skalak​

Subs: Maenpaa, Calde, Greer, Sidwell, KLL, Baldock, Zamora

No disrespect to Baldock, he seemed like he had a fine game vs. Bristol but I think it’s important to give Skalak a proper run out at home to see what he can do. His performance vs. Cardiff was relatively pleasing even though as a team we were poor and if he doesn't perform then he can be subbed in favour of Baldock. Hemed is having a purple patch so we should definitely stick with him for 70 mins or so and bench him so he’s got less recovery to do for Saturday. I can't advocate changing any of the midfield and Dunk seemed more assured having a better quality LB beside him, so I'd give that back line another shot to prove that it's reliable.

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
Same team as Brizzle. Find it hard to understand why you'd change a starting eleven that won 4-0.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Stockdale

Bruno ( Calderon )
Goldson
Dunk
Rosenior

Knockaert
Kayal
Stephens
Murphy

Hemed
Baldock

Subs : Maenpaa, Bong, Greer, Sidwell, KLL, Wilson, Zamora

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It'll be unchanged.

I guess we might see Bong on the bench instead of Calderon if he's fit enough. It'd be good to give him some game time later on in the match if the situation allows.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i would go
stockdale
bruno greer goldson rosenior
knockaert kayal sidwell murphy
wilson hemed

purely to rest a few....not sure whos in and who's out dunk , stephens , bong , skalak, bobby/wilson/kll manapaena bench..!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here