Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doubters and moaners!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Having only been on these boards since November I have been amazed to see how negative some of the posters are on here. All the teams around us have better squads, better managers, better tactics, even better DNA!!!
I have now come to the conclusion that some here WANT us to fail, so they can say told you so... Told you our manager was crap, told you we needed a striker, told you we should have sold Dunk, told you Stockdale was a liability, etc.
For pity sake why don't people just get behind the players and manager, enjoy where we are at and cheer the team on to success.

(runs and hides)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Totally disagree, the vast majority here are well behind the team and there's often healthy debate about good and bad performances, good and bad tactics and good and bad signings etc.

There are a few that always come across as negative but it's a huge minority.

What pisses me off more is the sweeping generalisations that 'so many' are negative and the need to blow some sort of virtual rallying trumpet

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Yes there are a number of persistent moaners on NSC, but their moaning on here doesn't preclude them from getting behind the team at the Amex......where it really counts!! The two aren't mutually exclusive! In fact, NSC should be seen as a useful tool in allowing people the express their concerns. More fool any players or management that take the time to read any of the negativity on NSC. If they do, then they should be savvy enough to take it with a pinch of salt and realise, as Rugrat says, that it's only minority view!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Totally disagree, the vast majority here are well behind the team and there's often healthy debate about good and bad performances, good and bad tactics and good and bad signings etc.

There are a few that always come across as negative but it's a huge minority.

What pisses me off more is the sweeping generalisations that 'so many' are negative and the need to blow some sort of virtual rallying trumpet

I never said the majority here were negative, nor that they weren't behind the team, simply that I couldn't understand the attitude that everyone else is better than us - for fooks sake we aren't Millwall, with their everyone hates us and we don't care mentality.

My feeling, as I said, is that some of the posters here appear to want us to fail so they can show how clever they are.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Yes there are a number of persistent moaners on NSC, but their moaning on here doesn't preclude them from getting behind the team at the Amex......where it really counts!! The two aren't mutually exclusive! In fact, NSC should be seen as a useful tool in allowing people the express their concerns. More fool any players or management that take the time to read any of the negativity on NSC. If they do, then they should be savvy enough to take it with a pinch of salt and realise, as Rugrat says, that it's only minority view!

Totally agree that NSC is a place for healthy debate and everyone can't have the same opinion on who is great who isn't, what tactics work, what don't. As said, my gripe really is the fact that some here want us to fail, so they can blow their trumpets as to how astute they are/were with their erudite comments and observations.

I have been an Albion supporter for more years than I care to remember and am so desperate to see them do well - I shed tears of joy when we avoided dropping out of the league against Hereford, I went nuts at St. James' in '79 when we won promotion to the First Division and want to go nuts again this season when we gain promotion to the Premier League. Just not totally convinced everyone feels the same!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I never said the majority here were negative, nor that they weren't behind the team, simply that I couldn't understand the attitude that everyone else is better than us - for fooks sake we aren't Millwall, with their everyone hates us and we don't care mentality.

My feeling, as I said, is that some of the posters here appear to want us to fail so they can show how clever they are.

I didn't suggest you were saying the majority were negative, but I'm saying the majority are positive. I think I could count the number of negative posters on here on the fingers of one hand, so no need to start a thread about that.

FWIW I don't think we'll get automatic promotion so does that make me negative, or have a Millwall type attitude (the relevance of which eludes me)

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I didn't suggest you were saying the majority were negative, but I'm saying the majority are positive. I think I could count the number of negative posters on here on the fingers of one hand, so no need to start a thread about that.

FWIW I don't think we'll get automatic promotion so does that make me negative, or have a Millwall type attitude (the relevance of which eludes me)

Ok, maybe I was wrong to start the post - just got a bit fed up of the attitude of some here. I understand everyone has their opinion, but some appear to believe their opinion is fact.

Having looked at the run-ins of the various clubs, I too think we may struggle to gain automatic promotion and no that doesn't make either me or you negative, just a realist - hopefully both of us are wrong.

I think it was silly comments like "it's not in our DNA" that made my hackles rise enough to start this post - apologies to all (even the person who posted the DNA comment!) :)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I am exceptionally positive about us being top 2, but very negative about our chances in any playoff matches.

I don't see finishing in the playoffs as anything to cheer about, as I'm sure they will end in miserable failure.

As I said, I am very optimistic about a top 2 finish, but if we finish 3rd or below in my opinion it will be Championship football next season.

Last edited:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
To a certain extent I agree with you.
A tiny majority especially on the match day threads is just ridiculous and stupid.
A slightly larger minority just love to have a moan but some of it is through caring, tongue in cheek or trying to be funny.
For me, I have never moaned about The Albion, I take what I am given on a match to match basis then move on, but I always expect us to lose or draw or muck it up at the end of the season so I am delighted when we don't.
It's just the way it is with me, I can't help it, I am a worrier in life anyway but I never come on here and moan about it.
As usual I am excited and worried about tonight and it will be on my mind all day.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I am exceptionally positive about us being top 2, but very negative about our chances in any playoff matches.

I don't see finishing in the playoffs as any thing to cheer about, as I'm sure they will end in miserable failure.

As I said, I am very optimistic about a top 2 finish.

Ah, BV - glad to see you dropped by, hope my apology is accepted ???

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Having only been on these boards since November I have been amazed to see how negative some of the posters are on here. All the teams around us have better squads, better managers, better tactics, even better DNA!!!
I have now come to the conclusion that some here WANT us to fail, so they can say told you so... Told you our manager was crap, told you we needed a striker, told you we should have sold Dunk, told you Stockdale was a liability, etc.
For pity sake why don't people just get behind the players and manager, enjoy where we are at and cheer the team on to success.

(runs and hides)

So basically ....you are moaning about the moaners?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
To a certain extent I agree with you.
A tiny majority especially on the match day threads is just ridiculous and stupid.
A slightly larger minority just love to have a moan but some of it is through caring, tongue in cheek or trying to be funny.
For me, I have never moaned about The Albion, I take what I am given on a match to match basis then move on, but I always expect us to lose or draw or muck it up at the end of the season so I am delighted when we don't.
It's just the way it is with me, I can't help it, I am a worrier in life anyway but I never come on here and moan about it.
As usual I am excited and worried about tonight and it will be on my mind all day.

I used to go with a couple of old fellas (both dead now), who used to spend the whole game lambasting The Albion, even when we were playing well! Every player was the biggest donkey going, the manager didn't know what he was doing and even the ball-boys were rubbish...

I could never, and still don't understand what they got out of going to watch us play, but hey, they paid their money so had the right to have a go, I guess!

I suppose it's the same here, apart from the paying money bit, everyone has the right to say what they want - however ridiculous or negative it may seem.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ah, BV - glad to see you dropped by, hope my apology is accepted ???
Yes, of course it is. I accept my opinions on the albion oscillate between optimism and pessimism, and I have an extremely negative view on playoff matches

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Tomorrow morning....I`ll be moaning if we have lost to Leeds......Lets hope I`m not moaning tomorrow morning:clap::clap:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yep, ironic isn't it?

Now where 's my knife, can't find it amongst these 10,000 spoons?

That song annoys me even today, as I don't think that any of the lyrics describe irony. Rain on your wedding day for example: unfortunate, not ironic.

As for the original post, you could get that impression; however it's a minority. There are certainly one or two regular posters that are very negative, and some that only appear when we're playing crap to wallow in the negativity.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
That song annoys me even today, as I don't think that any of the lyrics describe irony. Rain on your wedding day for example: unfortunate, not ironic.

As for the original post, you could get that impression; however it's a minority. There are certainly one or two regular posters that are very negative, and some that only appear when we're playing crap to wallow in the negativity.

I know, ironic that a song about irony isn't!

I guess I should just let them wallow in their negativity and learn to walk away or turn the other cheek :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here