Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pubs in Cardiff showing the Leeds Game.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I've always wanted to start one of these threads ...

I'm currently living and working in Cardiff (living in Butetown working in Pentwyn) and I wondered if there were any other seagulls exiled here in the valleys. If so - will you be watching the game in a Cardiff pub? And if so - which one?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Edited post that went double....double post

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
don't know what carries most risk......showing your english,pretending to like leeds or admitting your from brighton...just tell them it was a fluke

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

I'm currently living and working in Cardiff (living in Butetown working in Pentwyn) and I wondered if there were any other seagulls exiled here in the valleys. If so - will you be watching the game in a Cardiff pub? And if so - which one?

Pontcanna is just up the road loads of pubs and rather middle class in a Welsh sort of way.

Otherwise the St Mellons Estate near where you work.:lolol:

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Having been to Cardiff last week if you watch it in the sports bar that's part of the bierkeller complex you will get a cinema sized HD viewing. Absolutely amazing and shits on any sports bar brighton has

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated. Might try and get to the bierkeller as I've heard about that. Might be able to get some of my Welsh colleagues to go with me, although they're all Rugby rather than football fans. No one gave me any grief/banter before or after the Cardiff game, even though I wander round with my Albion beanie on.

And as an aside - I'm calling it my 50th anniversary game. I can't remember the exact match but my first Albion game was sometime in Feb/March 1966

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

My Daughter lives in Pentwyn (she's in Liverpool with her Cardiff mad crazy fiancee at the moment) you will find a number of Sky pubs in and around Butetown / Cardiff Bay etc, I would invite you round to ours but we are close to Bridgend, a tad to far I'm afraid, you will find most Cardiff will be on our side tomorrow night, not many Leeds luvvers up this way!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here