Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex CCC.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
They should of got rid of Roblnson a couple of seasons ago , I said at the time he was not up to it , shame they waited until we got relegated before saying goodbye to him. Sussex would not be in debt if they had a winning team and not sign a lot of sick notes like they did last season, which cost a lot of money .
And now only one team to be promoted from the 2nd division , it will be extremely hard to be promoted .
Sussex one day cricket over the last couple of years has also been very poor , a decent one day team would produce a lot more income , again as Head Coach Robinson must shoulder the blame for such a poor couple of seasons .
I am afraid also with the new appointment as head coach being less than inspiring , I can see Sussex selling off most of the ground to make some money .

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
It seems odd that they've shut the gate on two team promotion now that they've got all the "big" clubs safely in Div 1.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I didn't know that only one team goes up now. Almost feels as if they are trying to kill it off.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Division 1 is for the counties with Test Ground status, the others cannot now compete and we are finding our rightful place.

One day results have been disappointing for a couple of seasons and hopefully these will improve with players gaining confidence from more success in Division 2. Murray Goodwin has yet to be satisfactorily replaced.

I felt some of the team selections last year were a little odd although it is easy to comment with hindsight.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
It seems odd that they've shut the gate on two team promotion now that they've got all the "big" clubs safely in Div 1.

Oh,come on. You can't have 'Big Clubs' playing in the Second Divison the owners aka SKY TV would not be happy.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
See they have signed the Bangladeshi wonderkid Rahman once Taylor leaves in july , looks a exciting prospect will watch out for him in the T20 world cup next week .

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
See they have signed the Bangladeshi wonderkid Rahman once Taylor leaves in july , looks a exciting prospect will watch out for him in the T20 world cup next week .

Not for once he leaves. He will play as soon as the IPL has finished as second overseas T20 player and will later in the summer as overseas player in the 50 over cup thingy.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I reckon that Sussex have an excellent chance of coming straight back up.

Katie, The Goff and Shahzad make an attack that's far too good for Div 2 (and if Jordan goes missing because of England duties, Anyon and Robinson are no slouches). Taylor is a class signing and Wright will relish the skipper's role. We need a decent season from another batter and we'll be there

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here