Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unresponsive Script

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Every so often I keep getting an unresponsive script alert:

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.

Script: https://code.jquery.com/jquery-2.1.4.min.js:2

(windows 10, firefox 44.0.2)

Anything to be concerned about?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I've been getting that with Firefox and IE. According to Bozza it's most likely a problem with one of the ads on your screen. It was much more frequent for me 2 or 3 weeks ago. I don't thnk there's anything you can do about it but it doesn't cause any problem except slowing the paging down.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've been getting that with Firefox and IE. According to Bozza it's most likely a problem with one of the ads on your screen. It was much more frequent for me 2 or 3 weeks ago. I don't thnk there's anything you can do about it but it doesn't cause any problem except slowing the paging down.

Just happened a couple of times in a row, both screens had the EE Samsung S7 advert. The culprit perhaps? I also noticed that there's a 'don't ask me again' option on the pop up. Must remember to select that next time it pops up.

EDIT: Nope, just happened on a page without that ad, too.

Last edited:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Shockwave flash?

Usually just stop the script and it rights itself or I have to refresh the page (Windows 7 on chrome)

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I had all these problems, plus the memory kept filling up. I took the plunge last week and downloaded Windows 10. It appears to have fixed everything, machine now runs nice and smooth and has speeded up.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thanks for the thread. Was considering reinstalling Mozilla....

Stopping the script works.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here