Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hands up those who were completely taken by surprise that BHA v Burnley is on tv?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
With both teams currently occupying a play off place, and with both also having a chance of getting automatic promotion to the Premier League whilst playing good football and being a fixture that is likely to interest of neutrals, (meaning that they are more likely to watch it)....

Who genuinely hadn't a clue that this game was a match that was likely to get picked for live broadcast and involve a change in kick off time and / or date before the recent announcement?

Anyone book travel for the original kick off time and now find that it is wasted money because the travel time is too late to make the match?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
With both teams currently occupying a play off place, and with both also having a chance of getting automatic promotion to the Premier League whilst playing good football and being a fixture that is likely to interest of neutrals, (meaning that they are more likely to watch it)....

Who genuinely hadn't a clue that this game was a match that was likely to get picked for live broadcast and involve a change in kick off time and / or date before the recent announcement?

Anyone book travel for the original kick off time and now find that it is wasted money because the travel time is too late to make the match?

We all knew it was coming but not to WHEN. I've just posted this on the Sky thread but if they fixed the TV games in advance at the start of the season (or even start till Christmas, Christmas till end) and did away with Monday and Thursday games people would know where they stood and have a good chance of making arrangements so they can still go.

Right now you know it's going to be chosen but will it be Thursday night, Friday night, Saturday lunchtime, Saturday teatime, some time on Sunday or Monday night. That's ridiculous and that's what fans should be angry about IMO.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Fair play to the club for providing state-of-the-art broadcasting facilities. It's the way forward. SKY just have to turn up, plug'n'play. It's a no-brainer for both parties. Both parties who piss all over the third party, who are the only party who keep the whole party going. The fans. Anyone remember THEM?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am surprised the Derby game is not on Sky but I am planning for it to be.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
It was.posted previously on here that as it is designated a family game it was.always going.to be played on the saturday but that kick off time could change.
In answer to the op. No surprise at all

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We are also attracting the highest viewing figures of all Championship clubs - even bigger than The Leeds.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We are also attracting the highest viewing figures of all Championship clubs - even bigger than The Leeds.

Probably because everyone knows that they are likely to see some quality comedy defending whenever we are on :wink:

On a serious note, where did you see this info?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Probably because everyone knows that they are likely to see some quality comedy defending whenever we are on :wink:

On a serious note, where did you see this info?
Was posted on a previous thread about sky. Im out so cant search for it but will tomorrow if noone posts it in meantime

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Not really surprised, as both clubs doing well.
At least Sky are bothering to show us, when you compare to the nano second coverage we get on FLS on Channel 5, with the cardboard presenters they have, excluding AV.
I know its upset a few fans who have bought tickets for games, then finding Sky have barged in with a reschedule.
Putting Albion on the map for all those cruds in Sussex who support Manure.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Fair play to the club for providing state-of-the-art broadcasting facilities. It's the way forward. SKY just have to turn up, plug'n'play. It's a no-brainer for both parties. Both parties who piss all over the third party, who are the only party who keep the whole party going. The fans. Anyone remember THEM?

Are you seriously that pissed off that kick off has been brought forward by two and half hours?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Are you seriously that pissed off that kick off has been brought forward by two and half hours?

On a personal level I'm not pissed off at all, seeing as how I'm lucky enough to live less than three miles from the Amex. Doesn't stop me fully supporting those who don't have that particular luxury.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It was.posted previously on here that as it is designated a family game it was.always going.to be played on the saturday but that kick off time could change.
In answer to the op. No surprise at all

Yep this.i

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I am.

Because it's a "family day" our junior football club got group tickets for it. We train on Saturday morning. Training that day is now cancelled.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here