Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much money have you lost this season

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
With the high number of posters disliking games being moved for TV coverage and saying they want compensation perhaps we should total this extra cost up.

So how much has an Albion game being moved for TV this season cost you.

Me £0.00

Over to you

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Again, £0. But that's because I've pretty much stopped going away, and I live close enough to The Amex that it's easy for me to get to home games, whenever they are.

For a lot of people, though, it is a genuine and costly irritation.

For me it's just a mild irritation. I like drinking in Brighton on Saturday lunchtime before the game, but that pleasure has been taken away.

I don't want any money back, but I wish they'd leave it alone.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Whilst my job is quite poor, I'm fortunate that it's Monday to Friday and I finish at 6pm, therefore I haven't missed any games. Those that have missed out have my sympathies though.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
£80 ish..one game two adults and one U21. However friends went (offered to pay). Not really bothered as very close and can do others things on a saturday so like evening games.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
None, and probably saved me money as I was going to go to Burnley away and midweek games I tend to drive so I won't have to spend on beers. However I do shift work and have wasted some leave days due to changes and had grief trying to sort out late shift swaps.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I saw the comment on the other thread about hotels - does anyone in this day and age not use a company that offers FOC cancellation ?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If anything, moving games from 3pm Saturday actually ends up saving me money, as midweek evening games involve significantly less :drink:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
WSU STH and we missed the Forest home game as on holiday so not too bad

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Nothing here either

I get the impression that one or two poster complaining about it hadn't missed any games either but using this to engage in their favourite Albion related activity, moaning and complaining about the club

I have every sympathy with those who genuinely lose out or miss out as a result of fixture changes

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Two recent examples from me. Cardiff away was tied in to visit my kids who emigrated there. Booked hotel on a cancel if unused but had to pay £15 per night more. Then had to cancel Sunday and changed to Friday and this cost £30 more. Then had to take Friday off (didn't trust going Sat 7 am). Meanwhile our kids had to rearrange their work. Money lost £45, inconvenience lost priceless.
Brentford Home. Saw an opportunity here to grab a holiday (last game 23 Jan) but where we wanted to go for 10 nights came back at 8 pm on Friday (Cape Verde) so we had to book a 7 night break instead for the same price as 10 nights. Money lost £0, holiday lost 3 nights, inconvenience lost priceless.
It's not so much the home fans as the away fans who may organise Saturday cheap travel, buy the tickets and then have a game moved to a day they can not get to (Leeds Saturday to Monday).

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Nothing here either

I get the impression that one or two poster complaining about it hadn't missed any games either but using this to engage in their favourite Albion related activity, moaning and complaining about the club

I have every sympathy with those who genuinely lose out or miss out as a result of fixture changes

The moaning is not directed at the club, it's obviously aimed at Sky.

And it's justified.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Monday will be my first missed game this season and only my 3rd competitive game at the Amex with the other two being after an op. There are only a few days a year where I can't juggle my work but annoyingly, Monday is one of them.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Effectively £0 but I have missed out on attending a couple of the more inconvenient re-arranged matches because where I live and what time I get home on a work night. I have chosen not to attend 3 home games that were moved because of work commitments, bus replacement services and grief at home.

Monday is one of those I won't miss because the matches against that lot tend to be good and feisty so I don't mind the 00.30 home time so much even when I might have to be in the office at 07.30 the next day.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
The moaning is not directed at the club, it's obviously aimed at Sky.

And it's justified.

Club not considering the fans when they agreed to the switch + wanting compensation from the club as a ST holder for the games they miss as a result of a fixture switch, etc --> yep, that sounds like it was aimed all at Sky

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It's going to cost me around £100 in baby sitting fees for the 4 midweek games between now and the end of the season.

I don't normally drink at mid week games so should make a bit of that back from what I would have normally spent on a Saturday.

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
Cardiff and Burnley cost me along with countless favours/early finishes at work. I'm lucky in that my boss is a big WHU fan and understands. I'm also holding off buying Forest trains as I can see that being moved so that'll cost me. Probably about £100 in total I'd guess

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here