Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Magic Numbers

el punal

I've just done a quick statto check over the last 5 seasons on the number of points required for automatic promotion and, also, for play-off qualification.

Based on the average number of points for a second place finish, the target would be : 87 points

For a sixth place finish, and therefore a play-off spot, we would need : 74 points

As it stands we are on 60 points, so from the 13 remaining games we would need 9 wins for automatic promotion (ouch!), and 4 wins and a couple of draws for a play-off spot (do-able).

Squeaky bum time is upon us! :albion2:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
74 points won't be enough for a play off spot this year. Probably need closer to 80 to be absolutely certain. There is bound to be a couple of major runs from sides just outside the current six.

el punal

Oh good, we haven't had a thread on points required for all of a day...

Well just be happy that we're looking at points for promotion as opposed to this time last year in trying to avoid relegation!

P.S. I'm pleased for you that you've now seen today's thread on points. Now you've got tomorrow to look forward to. :cheers:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The magic numbers you say? There is only one magic number, surely?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
i really like them

Me too. Better than some of the ITK threads that are posted as fact. At least these threads need some research.

The Annual "Teams who can catch us" thread should hopefully be with us soon. :thumbsup:

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
the self titled and think it was their 1st album (?) was excellent and great listen if on a long drive

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Oh good, we haven't had a thread on points required for all of a day...

attachment.php

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 115

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here