Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

can season ticket holders get compensation ?

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
I have Albion friends where I work who are season ticket holders who bought their season ticket to watch the club on a Saturday afternoon at 3pm.
Being postmen they finish at 1.30pm and can't get to the AMEX for 12.30 start due to Sky wanting an early kickoff.
There must be many other season ticket holders who are seriously p*ssed off and cannot make an early kickoff due to being at work on Saturday mornings and who didn't expect so many early games and are losing the benefit of seeing the top games .
It is hardly fair after stumping up so much money and the club must realise that working people don't only work 9 to 5 mon to fri

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yup, that's the definite way forward. Compensation for STH (or any other ticket holder) who gets jerked around by purely commercial fixture changes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Football was and is traditionally a Saturday afternoon games hence the fixture list shows them as being on a Saturday other than midweek games. What it needs is the supporters association taking a club/sky to court as a test case.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Being season ticket holders, I would assume they know something about football, and this broadcasting company called Sky, who tend to bugger about with the fixtures at short notice . . .

Ron Manager

Oooh, wasn't it?
Sep 14, 2015
Lentil Alley
Sky pay an absolute fortune for these rights, and I should imagine they have it written somewhere that they can do what they like pretty much as a result.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Price of success. It's not like no one has been aware that sky move fixtures for live tv. First season that it has really affected us but if we go up then even more fixtures will probably change even when they aren't on tv!!!

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
Did they seriously expect all the games to be arranged to suit their shift patterns?
we work every sat till 1.30pm and at the start of the season when you buy a season ticket you don't expect to lose say 4 games out of 21 that's 20% of the games to be 12.30 kick off when you buy your season ticket.The fixture is down at the start of the season as 3pm

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Football was and is traditionally a Saturday afternoon games hence the fixture list shows them as being on a Saturday other than midweek games. What it needs is the supporters association taking a club/sky to court as a test case.

A test of what exactly?

There is a TV deal which means games are moved for coverage and there are terms and conditions with the purchase of a season ticket which says that games can be moved from the originally published times / dates at fairly short notice.

It's been like this for years so why is it only recently becoming an issue?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
we work every sat till 1.30pm and at the start of the season when you buy a season ticket you don't expect to lose say 4 games out of 21 that's 20% of the games to be 12.30 kick off when you buy your season ticket.

You should do, if you think the club are going to have a successful season

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Especially if that's what it says on the ticket they signed up for.

* Fixture dates, kick-off times and on sale dates are correct at time of going to print and are subject to change.

That's what it says on the fixture list. Its shitty, but there's no way around it. Sky have bought football, they effectively own it now. Like it, or lump it.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Sky have f***ed things for most fans - it's all money money money - sod the fans. I don't now buy a ST for this reason - I work 6 days a week and only have Saturdays off so a ST is pointless for me. Shame too as less money to the club from me, but I accept this is likely to continue - my opinion counts for squat in the eyes of Sky.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Price of success. It's not like no one has been aware that sky move fixtures for live tv. First season that it has really affected us but if we go up then even more fixtures will probably change even when they aren't on tv!!!

That still doesn't give Sky or the club the right to change a fixture to suit themselves but perhaps not others to whom it is inconvenient but who have prepaid for it.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
This is a new phenomenon to us - if we were still in the lower leagues it wouldn't be an issue, but we're not - we're on the way up and are going to have to get used to it.

I am sure in the small print you will find something along the lines of 'dates & times subject to change'.

Pity the poor Man Utd supporter who has had to travel for 'Saturday' home games from Surrey on a Monday night for years because of Sky!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here