Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trainers

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I'm totally addicted to buying trainers, mainly Adidas ZX8000s or 9000s. Who else has this problem and what are your favourites. These are a small sample of my collection....

adidas-originals-zx-anniversary-pack-feature.jpg

On the right (25th Anniversary edition).

adidas-zx-9000-aqua-neon-blue-1-600x421.jpg

Bought a second pair of these as wore the first so much they were getting "tired".

adidas-zx-8000-fresh-green-zest-01.jpg

Most recent pair.

adidas_zx_9000_02.jpg

Had these for years and despite my best efforts they're pretty worn now but I can't bring myself to chuck them out.

My wife keeps saying I need to get rid of some before I buy any more but see above.....

Got my eye on these for a change too:

xile_diadora_diadoran9000nylgold_14564854302898_0009_2.jpg

Fess up, it can't just be me.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I get mine at Primark for circa £4 :shrug: They look almost exactly the same as £45 converse but don't seem to hurt my feet as much!

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
Clearly it's not just you... otherwise the manufacturers would not be able to make a gazillion variations on what is essentially the same product, and make sufficient money to hose at professional footballers in sponsorship.

Not me though. I cant help you with any stories of personal addiction, as I buy no-name trainers in bulk in the USA when I'm sent there on business.
They look much the same, last for years, and cost between $10 and $15 a pair.

I am however down to my last pair, and with no prospect of another trip to the USA anytime soon, I'll be looking for options.
Will you be going "cold turkey" and binning your collection soon?
If so, I'd appreciate a heads up on which wheely bin to raid :)

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I bought some in a Turkish market. Genuine Adidas fakes he told me. They fell apart after a few weeks.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes. I have a minor Adidas / Onitsuka Tigers habit.

Gunwharf Quays, with its Adidas and Asics outlet stores SAVE* me a lot of money.

*cost

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] and his Onitsuka Tigers will have a lot to add to this thread.

I'm currently at a modest 8 pairs for causal wear (and 3 additional pairs for actually running in). Most are Adidas shell toes of one variation or another, but I have a couple of pairs of New Balance too - a classic pair of 540s and a more modern style I bought to schlep around the Orlando theme parks in.

Funds permitting, I could go out now and spend thousands on trainers very easily.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Although being the absolute hypocrite that I am, I must confess that I've been on the search for a size 10 of these for a few years now:

football-boots-powercat-110-tokyo.jpg

I get mine at Primark for circa £4 :shrug: They look almost exactly the same as £45 converse but don't seem to hurt my feet as much!
I make a point of only buying trainers if they are plain white, show no manufacturer's name, and cost less than £10.

The only let down I've ever had was when I bought a pair where the left trainer had been made in Vietnam and the right trainer was made in Malaysia. In every other respect (apart from the labels), they were identical. I wore them for at least four years and I don't believe anyone noticed.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Are you female ?
I get this sort of thing a lot. Fact is most blokes are terribly dressed and in particular wear shit DULL shoes (I don't mean nice plain shoes which I have nothing against, most are just plain shit).

I'm happy to take a bit of grief for bucking the TREND. [emoji6]

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Will you be going "cold turkey" and binning your collection soon?
If so, I'd appreciate a heads up on which wheely bin to raid :)

I can't see this ever happening despite the Mrs' protestations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here