Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tooth implant

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Had a rear tooth removed just before Xmas and the gap feels a bit weird, mainly when I talk. I'm pondering an implant. Any thoughts? Will I get used the gap? I've done some investigative work myself....and it looks a bit gruesome.

PS the wife has done the "don't talk then" gag already.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Herr Thumper.... firstly, virtually painless although a little uncomfortable but bloody expensive. £2,000plus per tooth. There are clinics abroad (Hungary Poland etc) who will do this for you with an al-in package... Dental work/Flights/Hotels etc. Probably half your costs.
Over the years, the wife and I have have had a few implants and I must say, there has never been any trouble from them and they are there for good!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Had a rear tooth removed just before Xmas and the gap feels a bit weird, mainly when I talk. I'm pondering an implant. Any thoughts? Will I get used the gap? I've done some investigative work myself....and it looks a bit gruesome.

Just carry these around with you and wedge one of them in the hole. Cheaper, will look Bobby Dazzling white and will taste minty.

image.jpeg

BTW you've left yourself wide open there for Palace fans with the " will I get used to the gap " line.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton

Depends where the gap is. If the front definitely an implant. If rear I wouldn't bother. I had a few front implants and then lost a tooth at rear. Have just left the gap there. Also, I paid about £1000 per implant in Brighton. Expensive but a permanent solution.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Implants are pretty expensive - what about a false tooth on a plate if it is that much of a worry?

If not, and you can afford it then I would say go for it. I always live by the whole - it'll be one day of nerves and have to sit through it and then it's over and will be there for life.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Implants are pretty expensive - what about a false tooth on a plate if it is that much of a worry?

If not, and you can afford it then I would say go for it. I always live by the whole - it'll be one day of nerves and have to sit through it and then it's over and will be there for life.

Dont get a plate because food gets stuck underneath and it is horrible. I used to feel like Steptoe rinsing my plate under the tap after I had eaten

Implants I now have several and they are excellent but expensive.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

If you can afford it go for the implants Herr Tubby. You will need new gnashers to take care of the currywurst and chips on your avatar.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
I reccomend going to see Simon at Smile Works, Dyke Road. 01273 964 999

I just had my mouth rebuilt and cotemplated with going abroad but this guy is the best and things can go wrong and not much good if your dentist is in Hungary or Thailand.

Also this guy is a season ticket holder at the Amex so a chat about the footie before the chair goes back helps me to relax.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I just had my mouth rebuilt and cotemplated with going abroad but this guy is the best and things can go wrong and not much good if your dentist is in Hungary or Thailand.

Also this guy is a season ticket holder at the Amex so a chat about the footie before the chair goes back helps me to relax.

The original poster looks like he is in Germany so Hungary might be a bit closer than Dyke Road

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I'd be sure to talk about the footie before treatment starts if you take this option. Chances are you won't be able to for a while afterwards.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Had same a month ago was offered root canal treatment followed by enamel crown at vast cost for back lower right tooth. Had it extracted £199. Perfectly ok now. Obviously if not right at back another story. But that is what I would recommend.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Save your money and look after the rest of your teeth.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
But seriously, I have two missing teeth, out of sight unless I pull my gums back. Both felt weird at first, for quite a while actually. Now I could not be more used to them. In fact I find them quite satisfying, as I can create vacuums with my cheeks, and then make popping noises as I release them.

Mrs Mahone hates it when I do this.

Jul 7, 2003
I had an abscess a few years ago which ended up killing one of my teeth. As it is near the front, didn't want a gap so went for an implant. Was offered gold or ceramic but as it was near the front chose ceramic. No problems with it and looks just like one of my real teeth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here