Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ray Brooks aka Robbie Box and Big Deal.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Phew, that was a horrible moment, he's a friend of mine and I thought this was one of 'those' threads.
For the record he's a smashing fella (if prone to being a bit grumpy from time to time)

.....don't forget Mr Benn, Kathy Come Home and The Knack

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Fulham fan but sometime Albion season ticket holder as he has a flat in Hove and loves his football (and Harvey's and liquorice paper roll ups).

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Fulham fan but sometime Albion season ticket holder as he has a flat in Hove and loves his football (and Harvey's and liquorice paper roll ups).

Yes, yes, yes but more importantly what's his view on the stand or sit to wipe debate? :)

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Phew, that was a horrible moment, he's a friend of mine and I thought this was one of 'those' threads.
For the record he's a smashing fella (if prone to being a bit grumpy from time to time)

And Carry On Abroad!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Loved that series. Iconic. Who sang the song? Aahhh it was Bobby from Buck's Fizz wasn't it? And I didn't even use google!!!

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing

Top man is Ray. He used to sit behind me at Withdean and we had some good chats. Say hi to him from me "The Tax man"

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Apropos of nothing, I've been told more than once that I sound exactly like him when I speak.

you would need to up your langour a touch and smoke a dozen or so of these: potters.jpg

D

Deleted User X18H

Sat next to him at Sergent Yorks once . Very surreal. Tried to get him to say ' as if by magic the shopkeeper appeared' he declined.
Then he had a fiver straight up on zero and wouldn't stop saying it.
Also said something about 'you have to be careful who you speak to in this town.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Nostalgia, nothing to beat it. Just spent the best part of three hours watching three episodes on youtube. The lovely Sharon Duce. What a woman, I could watch her for ever. Thanks for posting this!

Nostalgia,maybe ? However just think of what both the BBC and ITV put out. Shoestring,Auf/w/Pet even in the 90,s we had Prime Suspect and lets face that is what Helen Mirren got recognised for,and now what ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here