Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World Champion and Sussex man subjected to horrific burgalary

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
A very good family friend of mine and one of Britains most celebrated sporting personalities was burgled in a horrificmanner at the weekend (read sky report below).

If anyone hears of anything please get in touch with Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

http://news.sky.com/story/1648611/horrific-attack-on-clay-pigeon-champion

Poor George, bumped into him over Christmas and he was in fine form. I shot with him a few times around the Northiam & Beckley area many moons ago with a couple of my cousins who live in the village.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Never heard of him.

Not to detract from the point of posting this which is how horrific what happened to him is. Why would you have heard of him he only lives in sussex and is the most succesful British sports person possibly of all time. And was awarded an MBE for his successes...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Oh right. Still never heard of him. Hope he and his family are okay. Wouldn't wish that on anyone.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
one of Britains most celebrated sporting personalities

Clearly these villains need to be caught and subject to suitable punishment, but a slightly overstating the importance of the victim as Im sure he would be virtually unknown outside of the shooting world.

Hope they catch them swiftly

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Clearly these villains need to be caught and subject to suitable punishment, but a slightly overstating the importance of the victim as Im sure he would be virtually unknown outside of the shooting world.

Hope they catch them swiftly

Can you name another sporting person who has won more world championships?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Can you name another sporting person who has won more world championships?

The medals are irrelevant given that you use the words celebrated and personalities neither of which are linked to medals.

I read the meaning of celebrated as well known and praised widely which given the minority sport he is in then that is not the case.
If you had stayed in the OP one of Britain's most successful sportsman that would have been more accurate.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I've met him a few times at various shoots, and a nice bloke who always has time for a chat, a horrendous crime and I sincerely hope the attackers are caught.
I wish I could shoot just half as good as well as George, if I could I'd be a bloody good shot !

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
I've met him a few times at various shoots, and a nice bloke who always has time for a chat, a horrendous crime and I sincerely hope the attackers are caught.
I wish I could shoot just half as good as well as George, if I could I'd be a bloody good shot !

My step father had a shoot off with him in South Africa which lasted ages to win the world championships. Eventually George won. Truly incredible shot and fantastically nice chap all round. Truly hope they catch these savages.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Wishing George and his family well. Horrible thing to be burgled but to suffer such a vicious attack is terrible. I never felt the same about our last house after we were burgled and we moved in the end. I hope the police catch the scum who are responsible.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
My step father had a shoot off with him in South Africa which lasted ages to win the world championships. Eventually George won. Truly incredible shot and fantastically nice chap all round. Truly hope they catch these savages.
I can only dream to be at a level that a shoot off with the World champion would be needed, your father in law must be an extremely good shot also.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here