Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another great Goldstone memory - On this day in 1978

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
One-nil down but then super-sub Eric Potts scores twice in the last three minutes!

25/02/1978
Brighton 2 Sunderland 1 (Potts 2)
Division Two
Attendance 25771

sunderland.jpg

That day's programme:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/75238685@N02/sets/72157629858858569/show/

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Oh yes I well remember that and meeting one guy on the bus home after. He left early and was saying what that Mullery could do with his f ing team. Never wise to leave early !!!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Really interesting to see that programme, nice work.

Have to admit it's not me, it's a guy called Jason who's been posting these on Facebook. Thought they were worth sharing here though.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
North end of the Chicken Run, two middle-aged Sunderland supporters with scarves and hats standing in front of us, wincing in silent pain. Extraordinary thing was that they were standing there at all.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I was there too. I remember that wonderful feeling as the match was all but lost until Pottsy sprung up and scored his brace!

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I remember it well - I was standing behind the south goal where Potts scored his double. Great memories.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I remember the day well, I went with a few mates every game and we were told at the previous home game that this one would be on match of the day. A couple decided not to go because of that, the rest of us really let them have it at school the following Monday !

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here