Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wow - who is this handsome chap...?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Amazing stuff. What a lovely family.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
What a fantastic operation to save both babies. You and your wife must have been going out of your minds whilst waiting for it. Well done to the doctors.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
What a fantastic operation to save both babies. You and your wife must have been going out of your minds whilst waiting for it. Well done to the doctors.

Thanks mate - the bit in bold is an understatement. It was terrifying. Even worse than them being born premature. I just really hope that other parents going through the same thing can read this story and see that there is possible light at what can feel like a very dark tunnel.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Great story Craig & love how happy your family looks in the picture - it's times like these that make you treasure what you have & be grateful every day for it.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Great story Craig & love how happy your family looks in the picture - it's times like these that make you treasure what you have & be grateful every day for it.

Thank you. We do count our blessings every day. Thanks you lovely lot. Really appreciate it. You're alright sometimes ;-)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Heart warming story, and I'm so glad it's all worked out for you - you deserve it after some of the things you've put up with.

Old man soup and a chat soon?

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
The bloke on the far right looks like a 'right wrong-un' who photo bombed the picture and is probably on some list!!!!
Best wishes to you all mate. So glad it's all worked out for you!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
:clap2::clap::bigwave:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
CRAIG'S BURPEE CHALLENGE

An Albion fan is fundraising for St. George's Hospital.

A Brighton & Hove Albion season-ticket holder is aiming to complete over 67,000 burpees by the end of 2016 to help raise money for those that saved the lives of his twin sons at St. George’s Hospital, Tooting.

Craig Peters set himself the challenge of completing 67,161 burpees by adding one on each day of the year – one burpee on the 1st January, two on the 2nd January, and so on.

This meant that by the 31st May Craig had already completed 11,628 burpees. In December alone he will have to complete just under 11,000.

The motivation behind Craig’s challenge is to help raise money for the New Kit Appeal, which includes raising £25,000 for fetal endoscopic equipment at St George’s Hospital.

In February 2014, at week 20 of their pregnancy with identical twin boys, Craig and his wife Kyrie, were diagnosed with twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome [TTTS], something which occurs in just 10% of multiple pregnancies.

TTTS affects only identical or monozygotic twins who develop from the splitting of a single egg during the first 14 days after fertilisation, and who also share a placenta - monochorionic twins.

In a TTTS pregnancy, the flow of blood in the placenta vessels between the twins is out of balance, resulting in one twin getting too much blood; this can put a strain on the heart and lead to heart failure. Whilst the other can receive too little and affect their growth and survival.

As a result, the pair had to undergo emergency laser surgery - if they did nothing there was a 90% chance they would lose their boys.

Craig said, “We appreciate we are one of the lucky ones, but there are families out there experiencing the rollercoaster ride of TTTS, sometimes with very tragic consequences.

"The burpees are obviously getting very tough, but what’s driving me is both the huge levels of support I’ve been getting, the constant thought of what the hospital did for us, along with the thought of other parents going through TTTS.

"It is a heart-breaking disease and I just want to do my bit so the hospital can gain access to new fetal endoscopic equipment. We are eternally grateful to the doctors who saved the lives of our boys.”

For anyone wishing to sponsor Craig's Burpee Challenge then please click here or follow his Twitter profile @ForTheBoysTTTS.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here