Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
murphy-bc-l229-2972387_478x359.jpg

Jamie Murphy
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 25th February 2016
by James Hilsum
Jamie Murphy was pleased with Albion's attacking performance.
If we win every week, then we’ll know where we’re going to go."
Jamie Murphy

Brighton & Hove Albion midfielder Jamie Murphy praised the clinical nature of the team’s 4-0 win over Bristol City on Tuesday night.

Albion scored four goals from just three shots on target during the game, with Murphy, Sam Baldock, Tomer Hemed and a Mark Little own goal all on the scoresheet.
He said, “That’s what you want. You don’t want to have five or six shots and see none of them go in.
“We went there wanting to put the performance right after Saturday, so it was good to get the four goals and keep a clean sheet, so everyone was delighted.
“I give my all every day in training and in games. Sometimes it’s good to have a rest, but I felt good in the game and managed to get the goal which settled us down.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

Murphy stressed the importance of everyone in the squad playing their part in the promotion push and hopes to add to his goal tally of six for the season.
“That’s the way it is and there are a lot of games in the Championship, more than what I was used to Scotland. You need a lot of players and a lot of good players too, which we’re lucky to have.
“I still hope to score a few more, but I love scoring goals and if I can keep helping us to win, then that’s great.
“I grew up as a striker and I only moved out to the left-hand side when I was 19 or 20 because I wasn’t a big guy.
“But you learn by playing out there. At the time, that was the only way you’d get in the team by playing out on the left or on the right side.”
The 26-year-old is preparing for a dramatic climax to the campaign and is confident Albion can mix it with the best at the business end of the season.
“It’s going to come down to the last two weeks of the season and all we can worry about is ourselves. If we win every week, then we’ll know where we’re going to go.” [h=3]ALBION V LEEDS UNITED
[/h] MONDAY 29TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY **
[/h] TUESDAY 8TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V BURNLEY
[/h] SATURDAY 2ND APRIL, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here