Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol - what pubs did you use?

theboybilly

I had an mid- afternoon start in the Cottage Inn on the harbourside where I had a bite to eat, then wandered around to the Nova Scotia and met a couple of City fans. I finished my pre-match drinking in the tiny Merchant's Arms. Nice ales and good company. After the game I headed to the V Shed which turned out to be a bit of a let-down so only stayed until midnight. But a great day all round :thumbsup:
Where did you drink?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I couldn't make it yesterday but I've been in The Cottage before, really nice pub especially sitting outside in the summer.
First time I tried Ashton Press cider in there.

theboybilly

I couldn't make it yesterday but I've been in The Cottage before, really nice pub especially sitting outside in the summer.
First time I tried Ashton Press cider in there.

A Butcombe Brewery pub. Usual pub fare but I would imagine it is lovely there in the summer with the view of the Clifton Suspension Bridge. The othertwo pubs I used before the game were like stepping back in time but none the worse for it.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
A Butcombe Brewery pub. Usual pub fare but I would imagine it is lovely there in the summer with the view of the Clifton Suspension Bridge. The othertwo pubs I used before the game were like stepping back in time but none the worse for it.

The food was nice when I was in there last August.
I've also been in that V Shed a few times, not bad for a Spoons.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A couple in the bar of the hotel du vin
One in one of the 'home fans only' pubs right by the ground
An Ashton Press at half time
A few too many at the 'small bar' afterwards. Decent in there. Some kind of craft lager, 7% so served in 2/3rds of a pint glasses. For £2.90

Great night.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
A few too many at the 'small bar' afterwards. Decent in there. Some kind of craft lager, 7% so served in 2/3rds of a pint glasses. For £2.90

Great night.
The Small bar, the Beer Emporium and the Naval Volunteer.... all within 40m of each other.... called the Beermuder Triangle

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Cottage was decent despite only having 1 person serving for much of the time. The Cottage pie in there was not standard pub fayre - proper home cooked with chuck steak rather than mince, I needed help to get it done it was so massive. I almost hope we play them next season...

Good buzz walking down to the ground and a quick getaway as they so kindly vacated early.

Thanks for the pub tips those of you who are local: [MENTION=32776]heathgate[/MENTION] etc.

PG

theboybilly

Great night.

I wish I'd headed to King Street now. The Royal Navy Volunteer and Small Bar would have been preferable to the V Bar (it was the fact that the V Bar is open until 2 that attracted me as I wasn't sure how much time I'd have getting back to the City Centre - it was a breeze in the end)
Bristol is a lovely city steeped in history (Brunel's work hits the spot for me in this respect) As PG says it almost makes you hope we play them next season. I would make a weekend of it.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Started in the Knights Templar, then No 1 Harbourside.

Checked in, then went to the Three Tuns, followed by the Bag of Nails, which was dirty and full of cats.

Next stop was the Lime Kiln, then a Youngs Pub, think it was the Rope Walk. I think we then went to the Colston Yard, before one in Zero Degrees.

Checked out the half time bar in the ground, then the Orchard post game, before a cab to the Small Bar (which was superb).

Bristol was really good for pub touring.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
If you did actually follow that route around the Bristol pubs, you need a personal sat nav...convoluted for sure...

Bag of Nails is quirky...but a self play turntable and piles of vinyl swings it for me.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I had an mid- afternoon start in the Cottage Inn on the harbourside where I had a bite to eat, then wandered around to the Nova Scotia and met a couple of City fans. I finished my pre-match drinking in the tiny Merchant's Arms. Nice ales and good company. After the game I headed to the V Shed which turned out to be a bit of a let-down so only stayed until midnight. But a great day all round :thumbsup:
Where did you drink?

Did the Nova Scotia and Cottage

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
If you did actually follow that route around the Bristol pubs, you need a personal sat nav...convoluted for sure...

Bag of Nails is quirky...but a self play turntable and piles of vinyl swings it for me.

Oh the doubt...

We were in the Travelodge near the Three Tons, so having walked from Temple Meads via the Knight's Templar to the Harbourside, a lot of the other places were fairly close.

We arrived in Bristol at 1230pm...

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
Oh the doubt...

We were in the Travelodge near the Three Tons, so having walked from Temple Meads via the Knight's Templar to the Harbourside, a lot of the other places were fairly close.

We arrived in Bristol at 1230pm...
It's just you made quite a jump from the Lime Kiln to Rope Walk... missing dozens of great pubs including the King St collection.... next time.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
It's just you made quite a jump from the Lime Kiln to Rope Walk... missing dozens of great pubs including the King St collection.... next time.

We were determined to get the Zero Degrees place done, so it did mean a bit of a walk.

I was really impressed with the pubs in Bristol. Thought the Bag of Nails was a dirty hole, but seemingly the beer was good.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Started in the Knights Templar, then No 1 Harbourside.

Checked in, then went to the Three Tuns, followed by the Bag of Nails, which was dirty and full of cats.

Next stop was the Lime Kiln, then a Youngs Pub, think it was the Rope Walk. I think we then went to the Colston Yard, before one in Zero Degrees.

Checked out the half time bar in the ground, then the Orchard post game, before a cab to the Small Bar (which was superb).

Bristol was really good for pub touring.
Love that place.

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
V-Shed before and after. Apologies if anyone saw a group of us signing a f*cking awful Stockdale chant at the back.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
We were determined to get the Zero Degrees place done, so it did mean a bit of a walk.

I was really impressed with the pubs in Bristol. Thought the Bag of Nails was a dirty hole, but seemingly the beer was good.
Why?.. it's fairly bland....as is v shed and Knights templar

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I popped into the Kensington Arms in Redland. Good to see it open again after the fire.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here