Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blatter and Platini lose appeal... *** Update: Platini detained ***

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I would imagine that if it was a decision based on corruption and bribery then it would be far more than one person involved. There would be enough people still within the organisation to ensure that the tournament still goes ahead as planned.

This is of course IF there was wide reaching corruption which I can't say there was or wasn't. (Think i am covered legally with the amount of Ifs?)

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I'm sure its all a misunderstanding. The fact that Platini voted for a World cup in Qatar, PSG got a massive Petrol dollar injection of cash shortly after and his son found his way to the board of directors on a Qatari energy company was all a massive coincidence.

You can get detained for anything nowadays it seems.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
#snoutout

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm sure its all a misunderstanding. The fact that Platini voted for a World cup in Qatar, PSG got a massive Petrol dollar injection of cash shortly after and his son found his way to the board of directors on a Qatari energy company was all a massive coincidence.

You can get detained for anything nowadays it seems.

Also the £1.4m he received from FIFA / Blatter in 2011 for the "consultancy work" he carried out for them NINE YEARS EARLIER clearly had nothing whatsoever to do with Platini backing Sepp in the FIFA elections later that year. Both men are entirely trustworthy, with impeccable character.

Terrible, isn't it.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Wasn’t it a lovely bonus when Platini fell at the same time as Blatter? Otherwise Platini could well have been FIFA boss for a large chunk of our lives.

Crooked Platini had always assumed that he’d get the FIFA presidency, when his belated partner in crime was ousted or retired.

Being part of the corrupt WC bidding process was his undoing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here