Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Victoriaplum.com

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Has anyone purchased goods from this company?
How have you found there customer service?
TIA

PS There is no connection with the thread about which position u wipe your arse :moo:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I've used them. They are pretty good. I called their customer service to check the units I bought were right and they were very helpful. They do have some very good prices.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
TIA

PS There is no connection with the thread about which position u wipe your arse :moo:

Have you upset them Lamie - I seem to remember you getting apoplectic about your forking handles :hilton:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Have you upset them Lamie - I seem to remember you getting apoplectic about your forking handles :hilton:

They still won't give me my money back ...5 feckin weeks ago they had my dosh.....do I start a thread on how to deal with suing in the Small Claims Court :moo:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
TIA

A customer of mine purchased 3 pairs of taps from them, I installed the taps and they were fine for a year.
He called me back to his property because a couple of the taps were dripping, I tried to get some ceramic disc valves ( used instead of washers ) for the taps but none would fit.
I asked the customer to ring Victoria Plum to order some spares, they told him the guarantee had just expired on the taps and they do not sell ceramic disc valves as spares.

The taps should have lasted longer than 1 year and 1 week, even the cheap taps from Screwfix have a 2 year guarantee.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
A customer of mine purchased 3 pairs of taps from them, I installed the taps and they were fine for a year.
He called me back to his property because a couple of the taps were dripping, I tried to get some ceramic disc valves ( used instead of washers ) for the taps but none would fit.
I asked the customer to ring Victoria Plum to order some spares, they told him the guarantee had just expired on the taps and they do not sell ceramic disc valves as spares.

The taps should have lasted longer than 1 year and 1 week, even the cheap taps from Screwfix have a 2 year guarantee.

I have no idea where all the taps I fit are actually made.
I fitted a close coupled loo a while back that was made in the United Arab Emirates ffsake!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
TIA

I've used Plumbworld and Aica Bathrooms in the past and been happy with their quality and price.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I have no idea where all the taps I fit are actually made.
I fitted a close coupled loo a while back that was made in the United Arab Emirates ffsake!

I keep a box of various ceramic disc valves in the van, none were even close to fitting a Victoria Plum tap head.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

I had my bathroom completely redone, I was going to victoriaplum but the plumber warned me that they werent good quality.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I had my bathroom completely redone, I was going to victoriaplum but the plumber warned me that they werent good quality.

I struggle to answer now when customers ask me " Where can we buy good quality taps? "

I honestly believe the cheap Screwfix taps are better than expensive taps bought online.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

We use them and Victorian Plumbing a lot and would say for the price they are pretty good.
If customers are on a budget they can get a lot for their money.
I have bought sanitary-ware from them for years and have never had a problem personally.
Lamie bought his stuff himself and has not been treated very well to be honest.
They probably treat Trade Customers better I suppose.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
We use them and Victorian Plumbing a lot and would say for the price they are pretty good.
If customers are on a budget they can get a lot for their money.
I have bought sanitary-ware from them for years and have never had a problem personally.
Lamie bought his stuff himself and has not been treated very well to be honest.
They probably treat Trade Customers better I suppose.
youre the expert mate, i'm just quoting what the plumber told me, he was probably after striping me up for a bit more cash though !!

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Good timing thread. Am in the middle of having a new bathroom installed and been looking at Victoria plum, but haven't been sure about them.

Anyway, today ordered a shower tray and screen from Aquabliss Bathrooms. Keeping fingers crossed.

Still got to buy Shower, basin, wc and taps. Think I'll buy them local.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Good timing thread. Am in the middle of having a new bathroom installed and been looking at Victoria plum, but haven't been sure about them.

Anyway, today ordered a shower tray and screen from Aquabliss Bathrooms. Keeping fingers crossed.

Still got to buy Shower, basin, wc and taps. Think I'll buy them local.

heritage or bristan....same but they ar good

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Ah, have already seen a Shower that Bristan make which I like, so sounds a good call, plus the taps.

little things like no rust from the flexible shower tube after a year and such like one would get from cheaper/lesser brands.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Ah, have already seen a Shower that Bristan make which I like, so sounds a good call, plus the taps.

Bristan taps have a 5 year guarantee, but keep your proof of purchase. Also very good for getting spares.
I have had a few issues with their taps and showers in the past, but they are a good company and have a very helpful customer service department.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
They're utter craphouse, both as a company and products.

There was at least two enormous threads on just how shite house they are, on moneysavingsupermarket a while ago.

In my own experience, we had some kit rock up, and the freestanding bath was missing some fittings, and the bath filler missing an escution - i called their tech/help line which went straight to answerphone telling me leave a message, and we'll get back to you within 72 hours.. They never called me back at all..!

Had another shower valve fail after 13 months, needing a £80 part, and they couldn't do it for a week.

Bathstore used to sell crosswater, simpsons, and kaldewei kit, but have started making they're own Chinese made stuff, and it looks and feels awful (plastic not brass overflow bathfiller's for example)
Just fitted some Better Bathroom's kit, and that was junk too.

My advice, always try to buy branded half decent stuff, like Grohe, Crosswater, Bristan Ideal standard, etc

Online, Screwfix, https://www.buyaparcel.com/ http://www.h-i-e.co.uk/ http://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/ (crucial difference..)

By cheap, buy twice..! :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here