Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Decent gesture by Middlesboro

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
every single club should do this,and so they are not out of pocket themselves send the reimbursement bill to SKY

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Lets hope we do the same. I fear we will have at least two more of our games moved for TV before the end of season.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
With no game that weekend, and Charlton always being a good day out, I am wondering whether temporarily lending Charlton my support that day might not be fun........

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Top notch. Other than them being promotion rivals always enjoyed boro fans and there attitude. Fine gesture from the club.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Got me thinking. A bit late now but couldn't something be built in to any future TV deals that if Sky (or whoever) move a game with less than x days notice they will pay y extra to the away club for it to reimburse any fans who can prove:-

(a) they'd purchased travel tickets for the original date; and/or

(b) purchased match tickets but now can't make the rearranged date.

If Middlesbrough think they've got a system which means they can recompense fans in this way whilst weeding out anyone trying to take the piss then presumably other clubs can and the overall bill of refunds could be given for Sky to pick up the tab.

Yea, I know. In my dreams! and Sky would then move all games with x+1 days notice :glare:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Very well done

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here