Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police deliberately run over Dog.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'd prefer the police were shovelling bits of a dog into a bucket rather than bits of a family

He said without irony...! Either way it's lose lose and all rather hypothetical anyway. Personally I'd rather a dog live ahead of any number of humans I can think of :)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Mustafa's right. Couldn't they just have stopped the traffic? They're very good at that.

It's a very busy freight route for the ferry to Ireland, and the police had already tried catching the dog, getting bitten in the process. The owner of the hound agreed with the police action.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
If the police were close enough to get bitten, surely they were close enough to taser it?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I think they should have followed the same procedure that they would have carried out if a crazy/suicidal human was causing mayhem on a dual-carriageway.

Would they have rammed a human to death? Almost certainly not. So more could have been done to preserve the life of the innocent animal.
21st century coppers scared of there own shadow, it was a dog FFS not the hound of the Baskervilles

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Edit : Edna has answered my question concerning Tazers.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
this was the right action
as an animal lover another story comes to mind, police were called to a cat who had been run over and the whole of the back end was damaged, they called a vet who could not get there so one of the policemen dispatched the can with a single blow with a borrowed spade, not nice but I would have shook his hand as the poor cat was in real pain with not a chance of survival.
might add that the good old RSPCA tried but failed to take the PC to court for animal cruelty several times .
wonder what they might say about this case?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I am not so sure, firstly how busy can that road be at 3.00am and secondly why couldnt the police lend the same dynamic as if the dog was say a deer or cow etc. each pose a similar problem yet it seems both have been treated with a different approach.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
If the police were close enough to get bitten, surely they were close enough to taser it?
I'm no expert but I can't imagine that using a taser designed for incapacitating a grown adult would a good idea on a much smaller creature, plus the suffering would (I imagine) be fairly intense.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I am not so sure, firstly how busy can that road be at 3.00am and secondly why couldnt the police lend the same dynamic as if the dog was say a deer or cow etc. each pose a similar problem yet it seems both have been treated with a different approach.

Yeh, running over a cow would be no problem, eh? No mess, no damage to the car ............. oh .......

It was a dog, ffs; it isn't any more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here