Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police deliberately run over Dog.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
A sad story but the Police did exactly the correct thing. This was discussed on LBC breakfast this morning and of course there were the usual number of people who phoned up claiming that
the Police acted barbarically. The dog was running about on a major road, ran towards on coming traffic causing an HGV and car to swerve, one Policeman was bitten whilst trying to capture the Dog which escaped. In defence of those who complained about the actions of the Police, the full account was not reported by LBC.

I love dogs, but if mine was on a main road/motorway possibly endangering life to innocent motorists I would have no problem at all if they did that.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Having a dog or a Palace season ticket. Its a close run thing what is a bigger waste of money

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Charity People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) has criticised the police action.
Director Mimi Bekhechi said: "Law enforcement officers are entrusted with protecting the innocent and the vulnerable, and that does not include deliberately running them over with the intent to kill."

Innocent and vulnerable people you stupid woman! Oh and actually they are entrusted and legally obliged to save life and limb where it is possible to do so but again this refers to humans rather than animals. Still any chance to slag the old bill off eh?

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Having recently struck a badger at high speed in my car, animals can do some damage to your vehicle.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I don't like dogs, but I must admit I (briefly) raised an eyebrow when I heard about this incident. I thought it was a bit harsh, but if they've tried to catch it and it was likely to cause an accident I can see why they squashed it. Common sense really.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Charity People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) has criticised the police action.
Director Mimi Bekhechi said: "Law enforcement officers are entrusted with protecting the innocent and the vulnerable, and that does not include deliberately running them over with the intent to kill."

and im sure PETA are fully appraised of the details oft he incident, and not at all reacting to a half cocked media story. still gets them in the press, and not for threats to people.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It was a foxhound that went missing from a hunt.

Live by the sword....

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
I believe both officers were dog owners themselves so cant have been easy ,certainly did the right thing and maybe prevented a nasty situation happening .

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I think they should have followed the same procedure that they would have carried out if a crazy/suicidal human was causing mayhem on a dual-carriageway.

Would they have rammed a human to death? Almost certainly not. So more could have been done to preserve the life of the innocent animal.

Mustafa - where have you been:drama:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
The EU is a bigger waste...
Why? Why pollute a completely non-political thread with this when there are literally millions(ish) of referendum threads?!

Anyway, in terms of the police actions it would seem like they made the best call at the time, I'm sure some wouldn't agree and that's fine, but if I were either of the officers I could take solace in feeling that I'd done the right, yet deeply unpleasant, thing.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If Dogs Run Free

It was a dog. As demonstrated, dogs can be a danger to the public, police and small children.

Especially hunting dogs in packs. My main complaint against hunting with dogs on public access land.

Professional dog walkers take packs of dogs (including hunting dogs) on to public open spaces and some of them will chase people and bite as well. If you get bitten, and the skin is broken, it means a tetanus jab and stronger preventative antibiotics that you get from the dentist. Some of these dogs need to be muzzled but when it comes down to it these packs are a nuisance (barking and annoying people) or a menace (biting people). Don't trust Labradors as they bite more often than any other dog (because there are more of them). Get a terrier and a Labrador together, or worse a pair of Rhodesian Ridgebacks and beware.

Dog walking with packs of dogs are just trouble (sooner or later) or a nuisance (shit everywhere most of the time).

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Poor dog. Police brutality raises its ugly hand once again. Man or beast, they care not...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Obviously trained to attack the working classes by its Tory elite keepers,poor animal never stood a chance the minute it was born,at least it's at peace now,not having to endure torment at the expense of a cheap laugh.

The argument here being humans cause the greater misery. It's not the gun that kills...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Obviously trained to attack the working classes by its Tory elite keepers,poor animal never stood a chance the minute it was born,at least it's at peace now,not having to endure torment at the expense of a cheap laugh.

The argument here being humans cause the greater misery. It's not the gun that kills...

Team Dog!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here