Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Scoring 4 or More Away

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
been done before I know,but never get fed up of talking about the Albion scoring goals

certainly remember Eastville & The Valley

recently read that Alex Dawson scored 4 all on his own at Hartlepool

SEVEN at Chester!

anymore spring to mind?

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Six at Fulham, even if it was the Inter Trabant Breakdown Trophy, or whatever it was called.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
5-2 at Wycombe, 2009. Murray scored 4 on his own I believe.
4-4 at Wycombe in the FA Cup that same season.

PG

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
0-13

V Eastbourne Town August 1979 pre season friendly. Very exciting for an 8 year old Pevenseagull.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
6-2 at Aldershot, FA Cup around 2000. Charlie Oatway scored a curler of sorts.

PG
Remember this game with affection. Absolute monsoon weather and few of us could not get tickets for the away end so ended up in the home end. A quick rendition of Albion songs convinced the police to move us to the away side. Had to dodge a few punches on the way though. Some home fan tried to have my hat off me, soon got that back.......no one nicks my 'at guvner.:wrong:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Leicester 4-1 we spoilt their party, it was funny

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It was a Tuesday night in GRIMSBY, last away match of the 1984/5 season, and the Albion had a remote chance of promotion if we won our last two matches. We had won on the Saturday, beating Wolves 5-1 in front of a PACKED Goldstone ground (attendance 8,581) and there were nearly 100 of us at Blundell Park on the Tuesday.

I had my accounting exams on the Wednesday, but as usual put the Albion first and common sense second, so drove over to the match in my Morris Marina.

It seemed like a wasted journey, as we were one down at half time, and Grimsby scored another shortly after the break.

In the 77th minute Hans Kraay scored what we thought was a consolation, followed amazingly by Alan Biley and two from Terry Connor for an outrageous 4-2 victory. Suitably inspired by the Albion, I managed to pass all my exams.

It meant that on the Saturday, if results had gone our way, we could have gone up. As you can imagine the Goldstone was packed to the rafters with loyal fans (attendance 13,184) to see us win 1-0 thanks to an OG, but Manchester City won 5-0 that afternoon and went up instead' along with Birmingham and of course, the league champions, Oxford United. After the match, there was what could perhaps be described as some 'nawtiness' between the Albion crew and the away fans from Sheffield United, on the pitch of course in true 80's stylee.

Another honourable mention to a 4-1 victory at Blackburn the following season, again on a Tuesday night, and another two goals for Terry Connor.

Last edited:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
It was a Tuesday night in GRIMSBY, last away match of the 1984/5 season, and the Albion had a remote chance of promotion if we won our last two matches. We had won on the Saturday, beating Wolves 5-1 in front of a PACKED Goldstone ground (attendance 8,581) and there were nearly 100 of us at Blundell Park on the Tuesday.

I had my accounting exams on the Wednesday, but as usual put the Albion first and common sense second, so drove over to the match in my Morris Marina.

It seemed like a wasted journey, as we were one down at half time, and Grimsby scored another shortly after the break.

In the 77th minute Hans Kraay scored what we thought was a consolation, followed amazingly by Alan Biley and two from Terry Connor for an outrageous 4-2 victory. Suitably inspired by the Albion, I managed to pass all my exams.

It meant that on the Saturday, if results had gone our way, we could have gone up. As you can imagine the Goldstone was packed to the rafters with loyal fans (attendance 13,184) to see us win 1-0 thanks to an OG, but Manchester City won 5-0 that afternoon and went up instead' along with Birmingham and of course, the league champions, Oxford United.

Another honourable mention to a 4-1 victory at Blackburn the following season, again on a Tuesday night, and another two goals for Terry Connor.

I don't know what surprises me more El P,the comeback from 2-0 down or the fact your Morris Marina made it to Grimsby? :lol:

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes

It meant that on the Saturday, if results had gone our way, we could have gone up. As you can imagine the Goldstone was packed to the rafters with loyal fans (attendance 13,184) to see us win 1-0 thanks to an OG, but Manchester City won 5-0 that afternoon and went up instead' along with Birmingham and of course, the league champions, Oxford United.

And if I remember correctly, that season we missed out on promotion by 2 points which, in the run-in, was a 1-2 defeat at Middlesbrough - who went down!!!!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
0-13

V Eastbourne Town August 1979 pre season friendly. Very exciting for an 8 year old Pevenseagull.

ah yes friendlies

watched the Albion win 5-1 at the Crouch Seaford once,the only time I could have watched them from out of a window at my house,but decided to walk the 50 yards or so

Doug Rougvie bullet header from a corner,my abiding memory,he was good!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

I got CHASED by their FIRM afterwards and SLAPPED

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
And if I remember correctly, that season we missed out on promotion by 2 points which, in the run-in, was a 1-2 defeat at Middlesbrough - who went down!!!!

Correct. The worst thing about that result was that the ref gave 'Boro a goal when an aimless lob up the pitch was caught easily by Graham Mosely, but the ref judged that he had carried the ball over the line in doing so, to the amazement of the 4,413 at Ayrsome Park that afternoon.

It was NEVER a goal.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Didn't we score 4 at Colchester's old Layer Rd ground back in the 2000's?

I remember being at the game, we sang "4 nil to the one man team" as Bobby was out injured.

Was the same day the Queen Mum died, I'm sure.......

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Didn't we score 4 at Colchester's old Layer Rd ground back in the 2000's?

I remember being at the game, we sang "4 nil to the one man team" as Bobby was out injured.

Was the same day the Queen Mum died, I'm sure.......

Indeed we did, remember it well....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here