Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
baldock-l229-2970561_478x359.jpg

Sam Baldock
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 24th February 2016
by James Hilsum
Sam Baldock looked back on a thumping win over Bristol City.
It’s always good to score, but the three points are more important."
Sam Baldock
Brighton & Hove Albion striker Sam Baldock was delighted to make a goalscoring return to the starting line-up in a resounding 4-0 win over Bristol City last night.The 26-year-old scored Albion’s second of the evening with a clinical strike from the edge of the box in his first start since early November.
He said, “We showed a great desire to get a result.
“It helps when you go 2-0 up inside 20 minutes because you can adjust your game plan and Bristol came out on the front foot and put us under the cosh straight away.
“But we anticipated that because they’re a very good side and we’re happy to take the three points away.
“I’ve got good ratios against my former clubs and it was nice to return and see some familiar faces. It’s always good to score, but the three points are more important.
“It’s been long [the road to recovery], but it’s felt a hell of a lot longer. I worked so hard to get back from my original thigh injury and had a minor setback, which put me out for another couple of weeks.
“That was disappointing, but I’m hoping to be fit and in contention for the rest of the season.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

Baldock also hailed the strength in depth within the squad and is looking forward to an enthralling end to the campaign.“We’re taking it one game at a time and not looking back at a particular game and thinking ‘what if’?
“We don’t have a set starting 11 and that’s clear when you can see the strength on the bench and the strength of the boys that missed out.
“We’ve got people coming back at the right times and I think it’s going to be an exciting run-in.
“We look forward to the run-in, but more importantly, we’ll look forward to the next game. We’re looking at Leeds already - that’s our focus now.”
[h=3]ALBION V LEEDS UNITED
[/h]MONDAY 29TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY **
[/h]TUESDAY 8TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V BURNLEY
[/h]SATURDAY 2ND APRIL, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here