Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And so they should have been, some very nice comments from them

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Felt a bit sorry for their right back, he didn't know if he was coming or going. However, he got zero support from the winger in front of him who I can't recall tracking back once. Rosenior got forward and helped Murphy and this left the young right back in more trouble.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I didn't listen (for once) to the whole game last night as was out but apparently the radio were sying we weren't that good? Sky sports match report says we were. And this thread from oppo fans def suggest we were good - I'm a bit baffled now!

PS - Just remember to appreciate where we've come from and how good the last 5 seasons (OK 4 out of 5) have been:

Brighton are an established Championship team, think this is their 5th season and two of those they have been in the playoffs. They know what they are doing and can attract players. If we can stay up this year I wouldn't mind a few years ahead like Brighton have just had. We are just beginning to build what they have now, it won't happen overnight. Stay up and I'm sure we can kick on and establish ourselves too.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
This was my view too....I cannot understand the comments in our own threads that say we were ordinary...... apart from the first 5 mins of each half, we were very dominant and played calm controlled football for the most part.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I didn't listen (for once) to the whole game last night as was out but apparently the radio were sying we weren't that good? Sky sports match report says we were. And this thread from oppo fans def suggest we were good - I'm a bit baffled now!

PS - Just remember to appreciate where we've come from and how good the last 5 seasons (OK 4 out of 5) have been:

Brighton are an established Championship team, think this is their 5th season and two of those they have been in the playoffs. They know what they are doing and can attract players. If we can stay up this year I wouldn't mind a few years ahead like Brighton have just had. We are just beginning to build what they have now, it won't happen overnight. Stay up and I'm sure we can kick on and establish ourselves too.

Just take note of the margin of victory

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

It feels like the game West Ham came down to the Amex and we had about 127% of the possession but they beat us 1-0. They scored and allowed us to do what we wanted with the ball whilst keeping a well-organised defence to keep us out. They were better than us, they knew they were better than us, and weren't that bothered about our ability to hurt them. But unlike that game, we went beyond scoring just the one goal.

Doing a job.

Peteinblack

NSC Patreon
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
This was my view too....I cannot understand the comments in our own threads that say we were ordinary...... apart from the first 5 mins of each half, we were very dominant and played calm controlled football for the most part.

Have to disagree! I thought our passing was all over the place much of the time, whereas Bristol seemed much more well-organised and accurate in playing the ball around. Every time they attacked, I was nervous. We had 4 shots on goal, and scored each time (including an own goal).

Hate to say it, but the score really flattered us.

That said, I'm not complaining after Saturday's drubbing!

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Have to disagree! I thought our passing was all over the place much of the time, whereas Bristol seemed much more well-organised and accurate in playing the ball around. Every time they attacked, I was nervous. We had 4 shots on goal, and scored each time (including an own goal).

Have to disagree ,, some of our passing was as bit wayward and hoofballish at times, but to say Bristol were better passers is complete codswallop.

We had far more than 4 attacks on goal I assume you must have spent a long time in the toilet ?
No way did that score flatter us, Knocky and Murphy had them skinned all night,
Admit Bruno looked of the pace last night and Calderon was a bit off but both gave 100%

Sky Sports described us as clinical on the goals this morning .....I hardly thing we were flattered by the score..

Im glad I watched the game through my eyes.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015

I see what's happened, you were at a different game.... I was at Aston Gate, where we're you 😨

It was an 8 out of 10 performance with maybe Dunk having one of those 50% good 50% poor games.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Winning 4-0 with just 3 shots on target was quite an achievement. Wasn't there, but the stats suggest the scoreline flattered us somewhat.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Yes [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION], Aspinall said we were poor a number of times throughout the game... and he seems to have godlike status amongst many on here?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
A game where we were much better at both ends of the pitch than City. Compact organised defending and clinical when chance came. A reverse of games when we have looked good from box to box had loads of possession but couldnt score or defend.

Not a complete performance but will take the result everyday of the week.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
We were good. Not 'amazing' but good enough to deserve a 4-0 scoreline.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Yes [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION], Aspinall said we were poor a number of times throughout the game... and he seems to have godlike status amongst many on here?

Aspinall knows what he's talking about. Up until we went 2-0 up, we had hardly seen the ball but were clinical when we had it up front, and tight when we had it at the back. The statistics say it all. Bristol City had 58.7% possession, 17 shots against our 11, and our 3 shots on target yielded 4 goals! 'Poor' is probably over-egging it, but we weren't completely at the races, despite the scoreline. As [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] said earlier, it's not all about possession.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I'm sure there we several games last season where we had the lion's share of possession but the result went against us.

Whilst I subscribe to the notion that the opps can't score if we have the ball - clearly you have to get the ball back when you don't have it and if they score, you have to make the possession count [aka score]

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Seems that in recent weeks with the exception of Cardiff weve been playing less of a possession game and scoring more freely.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here