Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Baldock

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Thought he was decent tonight, well taken goal and linked up well with Hemed.

Was surprised (though not particularly upset) to see him celebrate in front of the city fans. Was there some issues with them when he left?

Anyway great to see him back, looking forward to him pushing on in the rest of the season.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Was surprised (though not particularly upset) to see him celebrate in front of the city fans. Was there some issues with them when he left?

Anyway great to see him back, looking forward to him pushing on in the rest of the season.

Old habits die hard

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I didn't think he looked that great, but he is just coming back from injury so he needs time on the pitch and he did get the goal (even if it should have been saved!)

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

Not really - just think he feels nearly two seasons away doesnt merit being too timid about celebrating. I was in home end with friends and no-one complained. He clapped all the crowd when going off and got warm applause form City fans around us.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Not really - just think he feels nearly two seasons away doesnt merit being too timid about celebrating. I was in home end with friends and no-one complained. He clapped all the crowd when going off and got warm applause form City fans around us.
Fair enough. The city fans near us seemed livid about something, and he ran over in front of them instead of us, so assumed he had done something to annoy them. Perhaps not though.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I didn't think he looked that great, but he is just coming back from injury so he needs time on the pitch and he did get the goal (even if it should have been saved!)

Talk about being damned with faint praise; he helped us win 4-0, get off his back!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

He made it quite clear he wasn't celebrating when he scored despite getting a load of abuse from their fans. Think the one that concluded that he 'did a dance' and the other claiming that he 'gave a wanker sign' need to lay off the cider a bit. Good to see that the vast majority of them have some sense on there..

Favourite quotes from their thread:

"Spoke to one of the stewards afterwards who said he was going to be reported to the FA" :moo::ffsparr:

"I wasn't at the game tonight. Based on this thread I've concluded that Baldock scored, ran towards the home fans, put his hands down to not celebrate whilst also doing a little dance and making a w*nker gesture towards fans who booed him and clapped him off. As a result he has been both praised for his professionalism and reported to the FA.

Glad we've put that one to bed." :lolol:

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He made it quite clear he wasn't celebrating when he scored despite getting a load of abuse from their fans. Think the one that concluded that he 'did a dance' and the other claiming that he 'gave a wanker sign' need to lay off the cider a bit. Good to see that the vast majority of them have some sense on there..

"Spoke to one of the stewards afterwards who said he was going to be reported to the FA" :moo::ffsparr:

"I wasn't at the game tonight. Based on this thread I've concluded that Baldock scored, ran towards the home fans, put his hands down to not celebrate whilst also doing a little dance and making a w*nker gesture towards fans who booed him and clapped him off. As a result he has been both praised for his professionalism and reported to the FA.

I was listening to the match via the BBC Radio Bristol commentary, and they were complementary about Baldock NOT celebrating.

Dec 29, 2011

I was just about to type that, great post. Another poster pointed out he only has thee goals for us this season so must be shite :facepalm:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003

That poster is wasted on there - get them on NSC

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Thought he was excellent tonight and he brings a different dimension to our front line. A willing runner in the channels, his runs make space not only for Hemed but the likes of Kayal coming through the middle. He's one of those players that fans might never completely warm to as he doesn't score enough for a striker but managers and other players realise their value. Maybe a bit like Barnes.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Bristol city fans booing Sam Baldock for scoring against them , what a bunch of tools .

Can you imagine Glen Murray scoring for Reading at the amex and receiving abuse from the home fans , just wouldn't happen , or would it ?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Favourite quotes from their thread:

That thread is a great example of how someone makes up a load of bobbins about a player and it sticks in some people's heads, so it becomes FACT to them. I know it happens here, too, but it's a bit pathetic, seeing as loads of other people called the guy out for talking BS...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here