Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ollie's predictions [Sky Sports News]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
football-pundit-ian-holloway_3354494.jpg
football-pundit-ian-holloway_3354494.jpg

Sky Sports' Ian Holloway predicts the outcomes of the big games in the Football League, including Cardiff v Middlesbrough and Burnley v Nottingham Forest.
[h=4]Ipswich v Hull, Tuesday 7.45pm[/h] Crikey, many people will be lumping on Hull here, but I can't go against the legend that is Mick McCarthy. Remember, this is the Championship and anyone can beat anyone on a given day.
Ipswich have lost three of their last four league games but all of those defeats have been away from home and they're not as bad as it seems. Traditionally, Town are strong at home and have won three of last five at Portman Road. They'll raise their game for the league leaders. Home win.
theo-walcott-curtis-davies-arsenal-hull_3418698.jpg
theo-walcott-curtis-davies-arsenal-hull_3418698.jpg

Hull ground out a 0-0 draw against Arsenal on Saturday

OLLIE PREDICTS: 1-0*(Sky Bet odds 13/2)
Burnley v Nottingham Forest, Tuesday 7.45pm
Burnley will be top of the table come 10pm on Tuesday. They're on the charge and have the right man in their corner, who has been here before and done it.*
Sam Vokes didn't let me down at the weekend getting the first goal (get in!). He's good for the first goal again. His experience will be vital in the run-in.*
OLLIE PREDICTS: 2-1*(Sky Bet odds 15/2)
Middlesbrough v Cardiff,*Tuesday 7.45pm
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Cardiff last weekend - I wouldn't mind going back for this game, what a belter.
Brighton didn't do a lot wrong against them but ended up losing 4-1. Everything the Bluebirds hit went it, which is a change from what we've seen so far this season. The movement up front from their strikers was excellent and Anthony Pilkington was a revelation. If they can produce that level of performance here, they'll win. I'm backing them to do so.
3Gduepif0T1UGY8H4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ
3Gduepif0T1UGY8H4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ

Cardiff boosted their play-off hopes with a 4-1 win at home to Brighton

Middlesbrough are finding out what the Championship is all about - competition, competition, competition. They were six points clear last month but no one can run away with this league. They've been struggling to score goals and that puts pressure on your back-line.*
OLLIE PREDICTS: 1-2*(Sky Bet odds 8/1)
Bristol City v Brighton, Tuesday 7.45pm
I tipped Bristol City to win last week, but I'm off that bandwagon for this game. Lee Johnson has done brilliantly to win his first two games, but Brighton are a different animal to the teams they've faced in the last two weeks.*
Despite losing 4-1 at Cardiff, Brighton didn't do much wrong - it's a defeat that won't knock them too much. Chris Hughton will get a reaction from his team. Sometimes it takes a defeat to re-focus you.*
OLLIE PREDICTS: 0-1*(Sky Bet odds 17/2)
Sheff Wed v QPR, Tuesday 7.45pm
This is a tough cookie of a game for QPR. The Rs full-backs isolate their centre-backs and Sheffield Wednesday will expose that.
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has got to sieve through that QPR squad. He needs to get rid of the weak links and the overpaid people, who aren't as good as the money they're getting. That will gradually get QPR where they need to be.
Mauricio Pochettino didn't pull up any trees in his first season at Tottenham, but look at them now.
I think they should start bringing in younger players between now and the end of the season - that's if the players are good enough. The club have reportedly spent enough money on the academy now - let's test the set-up.
nottingham-forest-jimmy-floyd-hasselbaink-qpr-sky-bet-championship_3406159.jpg
nottingham-forest-jimmy-floyd-hasselbaink-qpr-sky-bet-championship_3406159.jpg

QPR manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has only won two games in the job

OLLIE PREDICTS: 2-0*(Sky Bet odds 8/1)
Birmingham v Bolton,*Tuesday 7.45pm
The news of the Bolton takeover will be a lift for the players - I can see them getting something here, but they're the only side in English football still without an away league win this season!*Neil Lennon's men are only six points off safety with 13 games left - they could easily get out of trouble, especially now the threat of a 12-point deduction has been seemingly taken away.*
Birmingham haven't won in three Championship games but this team fight for everything.
I've read that former Birmingham boss Alex McLeish is in talks over a management job in Egypt. Fair play to him. Blimey, what a hot climate to work in. He better pack his sun cream! We could be seeing a few results like: Sun 1, McLeish 0.
Ut_HKthATH4eww8X4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ

Championship club Bolton has been sold for £7.5m to the Sport Shield Group Consortium, which is led by their former striker Dean Holdsworth

OLLIE PREDICTS: 1-1*(Sky Bet odds 9/2)
Brentford v Wolves,*Tuesday 7.45pm
Brentford are having a tough time and Wolves will have that extra bit of quality to hurt them. The Bees have allowed too many of their top players to leave. I'm not sure they've got the right balance in their squad under Dean Smith.
Wolves aren't exactly flying but Kenny Jackett's teams are always tough to beat. There shouldn't be any pressure building on him - it should be building on the owner. He has given up and I don't blame him. It's getting tougher and tougher to please people in football. He has made it clear that he wants to sell and it makes it very difficult for Kenny.*
Brentford have lost six of their last eight Championship games and this will be another one.*
OLLIE PREDICTS: 0-1*(Sky Bet odds 6/1)
Preston v Charlton, Tuesday 7.45pm

Highlights of Preston's 1-0 win over Sheffield Wednesday in the Sky Bet Championship

Preston are one of my teams of the season. They've hardly put a foot wrong. Simon Grayson's men have won their last three league games, including ruining my coupon last weekend against Sheffield Wednesday with Joe Garner getting the goal. He could have a huge end to the season if he gets going.
What is going on at Charlton? The fans are angry, they're propping up the table and the owners look like they have no plan in place. Questions need to be asked about that club. Home win.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 2-0*(Sky Bet odds 5/1)
Reading v Rotherham,*Tuesday 7.45pm
Brian McDermott is working his magic in the cup at Reading and they're steadily improving in the league, too.
Micheal Hector scored a brilliant goal at the weekend against West Brom. He's been a revelation since moving into midfield. He's a fantastic player and it's no surprise Chelsea have identified his ability. But why did he chose to move there? For the dough probably. He should continue learn his trade - play and learn, play and learn. He has got huge potential.*
neil-warnock-qpr-football_3375005.jpg
neil-warnock-qpr-football_3375005.jpg

Neil Warnock is plotting to save Rotherham from relegation

OLLIE PREDICTS: 1-0*(Sky Bet odds 5/1)
Derby v Blackburn,*Wednesday 7.45pm
Derby needed that victory on Saturday. Will they continue this winning run? Surely they will against Blackburn, who were spanked by a very impressive West Ham side in the FA Cup. Dimitri Payet is my current favourite player in football - put him and Barry Bannan in a team and they would be unstoppable!

Highlights of Derby's 3-1 win over Brentford in the Sky Bet League Championship

OLLIE PREDICTS: 2-1*(Sky Bet odds 15/2)
pubticketgivewaway-pub-sky-sports-pub_3420174.jpg

[h=3]Sky Sports Pub Ticket Giveaway[/h] We're giving away 5,000 Sky Bet Football League and 5,000 Race day tickets this February

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

More...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here