Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ITV and Robert Preston.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Yes like many i am sorry about his personal issues,however and maybe its me ? Just find him smug,touch of arrogance. Again just me but find BBC,s Laura ????? a better watch. :facepalm:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
At the risk of being flamed/accused of ignorance - who is Robert Preston and what has happened?

I did a google search and there are loads of them!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
attachment.php
attachment.php

Which one is it that annoys you? (the second is of course just a character name).

If you are talking about Robert Peston then I agree, he is amazingly smug.

Attachments

• MTE1ODA0OTcxNDM2MTgxMDA1.jpg
    MTE1ODA0OTcxNDM2MTgxMDA1.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 2,717
  • 76242.jpg
    76242.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 3,060

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Peston

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I don't like Peston. He is rather smug but I could cope with that if he knew what he was talking about. His total dumbing down and misreporting of the financial crisis was when I stopped listening to anything he said. A good fit for ITV though as their news output is appalling.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Yes like many i am sorry about his personal issues,however and maybe its me ? Just find him smug,touch of arrogance. Again just me but find BBC,s Laura ????? a better watch. :facepalm:

Nope.
Peston annoys with his contrived intonations.
Laura *Kussenburg*? annoys with the 'I know something you don't' smugness

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Would you please accept my full apology,as i always thought it was Preston and not Peston. However still not a fan. Too clever by half.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Nope.
Peston annoys with his contrived intonations.
Laura *Kussenburg*? annoys with the 'I know something you don't' smugness

Financial journalists are just a bunch of clueless wordsmiths - equivalent of tabloid journalists on general news. I found both Peston and Kuenssburg's reporting of the financial crisis to be scarily inaccurate.

Neither carry the remotest level of respect in the financial world - no one in authority will talk to them.

Now Jim Cramer......

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Financial journalists are just a bunch of clueless wordsmiths - equivalent of tabloid journalists on general news. I found both Peston and Kuenssburg's reporting of the financial crisis to be scarily inaccurate.

Neither carry the remotest level of respect in the financial world - no one in authority will talk to them.

Now Jim Cramer......

His colleagues and contemporaries gave him several awards for his reporting of the financial crisis, including forseeing the Northern Rock crash. What was wrong with his reporting?

Laura Kuenssberg's reporting on the other hand... Jesus wept.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I don't like Peston. He is rather smug but I could cope with that if he knew what he was talking about. His total dumbing down and misreporting of the financial crisis was when I stopped listening to anything he said. A good fit for ITV though as their news output is appalling.

I like Peston. He's not a consummate performer and, at times, struggles to communicate. His knowledge of economics and business is extremely impressive. He was right at the forefront when reporting about the financial crisis, after a long time digging into the meteoric rise of the UK banking and wider financial sector. No other prominent journalists came near him on this front. I like listening to what he says. A bad fit for ITV as they're not much cop (C4 News especially, and bits of the BBC output is much better), but he's the main man there and has carved out a number of good roles/heavyweight political shows in his brief.
I guess you and I differ on Peston.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

Now Jim Cramer......

I quite like Kuenssburg, and I'm very very glad Peston has moved to a channel I rarely watch.

Paul Mason (Channel 4) is a cut above in my opinion. He really doesn't follow the herd, he has his own contacts (so doesn't just rely on repeating the line being fed by the bankers PR machines) and does his own thinking.

Many of those in the 'financial world' need to stop being so arrogant and if they think they are being misrepresented by journalists start to think about how they might communicate with a little more clarity and a lot more humility. It's become pretty clear most of them have no idea what is going on most of the time either.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I quite like Kuenssburg, and I'm very very glad Peston has moved to a channel I rarely watch.

Paul Mason (Channel 4) is a cut above in my opinion. He really doesn't follow the herd, he has his own contacts (so doesn't just rely on repeating the line being fed by the bankers PR machines) and does his own thinking.

Many of those in the 'financial world' need to stop being so arrogant and if they think they are being misrepresented by journalists start to think about how they might communicate with a little more clarity and a lot more humility. It's become pretty clear most of them have no idea what is going on most of the time either.

Agree with you on Mason, but not on Peston. Mason is an anti-capitalist, by the way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here