Oct 25, 2003
Colin Hawkins

D.O.B: 17.8.77
Nationality: Irish
Albion Career: 18 apps
Position: Defender
010433382051800.jpg
FLAIRtributes: sent off/own goals
Progress thus far: 3rd in Group 1 (11 votes- 7.1 %)
vs

Paddy McCourt
D.O.B: 16.12.83
Nationality: Northern Irish (18 caps, 2 goals)
Albion Career: 10 apps. 2014-2015
Position: Midfielder?
mccourt-290914-l229-1978627_478x359.jpg
FLAIRtributes: played like a drunk sunday league footballer, no positional sense or end product whatsoever
Progress thus far: 2nd in Group 4 (18 votes- 17.14%)

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Poor fixture. Only 28 caps between them, only 29 votes in first round. Both lucky to get this far!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I hugely disagree with the above post.

McCourt is my TIP to win the whole thing. I'm TEAM PADDY.

Let me explain why:

He was called PADDY.
He looked like an ALCOHOLIC.
He would only make CAMEO appearances in which he would play like an exciteable 8 year old who has just been told he has 5 minutes before he needs to get back home for his tea. Initially sulking around the pitch but then, the moment he gets the ball, he goes HEAD DOWN-DRIBBLE crazy, ignoring ALL CALLS to pass it. Fantastic stuff. And then, he's done. Paddy's done his part and cracks open another can of Special Brew.
He is the absolute epitome of flair and luxury player . Insane youtube highlights video and clearly hugely talented yet not a hope of being a regular due to lack of positional sense or fitness.
And, again, he looks like a drunk.

What a man.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Poor fixture. Only 28 caps between them, only 29 votes in first round. Both lucky to get this far!

Paddy McCourt has to be a contender to win the entire thing! He has an insane level of FLAIR!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
McCourt correctly wiping the floor with Hawkins.

Paddy could go far.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I hugely disagree with the above post.

McCourt is my TIP to win the whole thing. I'm TEAM PADDY.

Let me explain why:

He was called PADDY.
He looked like an ALCOHOLIC.
He would only make CAMEO appearances in which he would play like an exciteable 8 year old who has just been told he has 5 minutes before he needs to get back home for his tea. Initially sulking around the pitch but then, the moment he gets the ball, he goes HEAD DOWN-DRIBBLE crazy, ignoring ALL CALLS to pass it. Fantastic stuff. And then, he's done. Paddy's done his part and cracks open another bottle of Special Brew.
He is the absolute epitome of flair. Insane youtube highlights video and clearly hugely talented yet not a hope of being a regular due to lack of positional sense or fitness.
And, again, he looks like a drunk.

What a man.

Paddy McCourt has to be a contender to win the entire thing! He has an insane level of FLAIR!

Not for me. I get his cameo appearances and the fact he looks like a drunk, but for me I want flair and flair end product. Running fast with the ball at your feet and your head down isn't flair enough for me.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It would seem appropriate to award Hawkins a red card at this point.

Should never have been in the competition in the first place.

Paddy, on the other hand........
Does anyone have that picture of him where it looked like he'd spent the night in a cardboard box?

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
How the **** these two donkeys get past the initail group is beyond me. It's like choosing between dog shit sandwich or a cat shit sandwich!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I can't believe Hawkins got this far and Jonny "Holly Valance" Dixon didn't. Shambles

Agreed. Dixon should've been a contender. Many good flairtributes.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'm a tad disappointed that the Honey Badger isn't included in this competition.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Paddy epitomises flair.
Skill - check
Disturbingly lack of end product - yep
Looks like he has just rolled Off a park bench - defiantly
Some interesting dress sense - (seen a few dodgy outfits on the guy)
Had his own song almost instantly - naff as it was but yes
Was a (false) shining light in what can only be described as a fire season - defiantly.
Was once voted (with some mod help) the greatest player ever to pull on a BHA shirt -

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Paddy, on the other hand........
Does anyone have that picture of him where it looked like he'd spent the night in a cardboard box?

More to the point, does anyone have a picture of Paddy where it DOESN'T look like he's spent the night in a cardboard box?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here