Oct 25, 2003
same rules apply...

Frank Worthington

D.O.B: 23.11.48
Nationality: English (8 caps 2 goals)
Albion Career: 31 apps, 7 goals. 1984-85
Position: Striker
frankworthington.jpg
FLAIRtributes: Fantastic natural ability; brilliant off field antics; flamboyant nature
Progress thus far: 2nd in Group 1 (49 votes- 31.61%)

vs

David Lopez
D.O.B: 10.9.82
Nationality:Spanish
Albion Career: 65 apps, 12 goals. 2012-14
Position:Midfielder
Brighton+Hove+Albion+v+Crystal+Palace+npower+dNuv60LEVWvl.jpg
FLAIRtributes: a classic Poyet signing, very casual style of play, incredible technical ability, seemed to only ever score incredible goals
Progress thus far: 3rd in group 4 (15 votes- 14.29%)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
unfortunately too young to witness worthington so it has to be lopez for me

Hmmm - not buying that as an excuse. Are you too young to have a view on Shakespeare, or Newton? Hitler? Churchill? What about Pele?

It's a tough draw, for sure - but Worthington for me...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Massive "recency" effect going on here.

In an unbiased match up this might as well be George Best v Gareth Barry.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Hmmm - not buying that as an excuse. Are you too young to have a view on Shakespeare, or Newton? Hitler? Churchill?

Last I was aware, Worthington wasn't included in the national curriculum.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can someone a bit more ADVANCED in years tell me a bit more about Worthington, and what FLAIRtributes he possesses?

i.e. off field antics
did he have a foreign wife
stupid haircuts

etc, that sort of thing.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Can someone a bit more ADVANCED in years tell me a bit more about Worthington, and what FLAIRtributes he possesses?

i.e. off field antics
stupid haircuts

etc, that sort of thing.
I am no expert on Frank but he dressed to impress, had an eye for the ladies and enjoyed a party. In addition to that he showed some of the most sublimely silky footballing skills available to 70s/80s football watchers.

There must be thousands of 40 something year olds out there who like me spent many happy hours trying to replicate his Goal of The Season for Bolton (flick, flick, flick, over the head, turn and volley...).

Stumpy Tim

So reading the link:

(1) He dated Miss Great Britain
(2) He didn't join Liverpool because his partying gave him high blood pressure
(3) He turned up to England duty in high-heeled cowboy boots, a red silk shirt and a lime velvet jacket
(4) "I am quieter these days. Instead of going out seven nights a week, I keep it to six."

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
See that article is good

Elvis Presley obsession
Turning up for England duty at Heathrow in cowboy boots
"the way I play is more important than the team winning"

He was dating Miss Great Britain at the time, but chatted up another woman on the plane to the Balearic Islands before having a threesome with a Swedish mother and daughter, and then another romp with a Belgian lady

This is the stuff of FLAIR

Stumpy Tim

i.e. off field antics
stupid haircuts

etc, that sort of thing.

One of his wives was Swedish. He met her on holiday & got her up the duff on that holiday, so was forced to marry her.

Lopez didn't do that

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
I am no expert on Frank but he dressed to impress, had an eye for the ladies and enjoyed a party. In addition to that he showed some of the most sublimely silky footballing skills available to 70s/80s football watchers.

There must be thousands of 40 something year olds out there who like me spent many happy hours trying to replicate his Goal of The Season for Bolton (flick, flick, flick, over the head, turn and volley...).

And there's the (possibly apocryphal) tale of him turning up at the Goldstone at quarter to three having come straight from the pub via the bookies, scoring a worldie, getting changed again and going straight back out on the town with another eye-catching young lady. Legend. To me, this was living the dream, something I and thousands like me could only hope for!

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I don't care how old or young you are. We're talking about FRANK F***ING WORTHINGTON here. The flairest of the flair, only matched by Best and with the advantage of still being alive and on his first kidney. Now just vote for him and stop dicking around.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Anyone who votes for Spanish Dave on this one needs to have a good look at him or herself. This is Frank Worthington, probably the flairest English footballer of all time. He's almost the definition of flair

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here