Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray, Palace and an honest question

Would you sign for Palace if that is the only offer you receive ?

• Yes I would happily sign for them to become a professional footballer

Votes: 89 83.2%
  • No way would I sign - I'd rather not have a career as a professional footballer

Votes: 18 16.8%

• Total voters

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
With the prospect of Murray returning (if the rumour is true), I for one will be delighted and really feel he would be the missing piece of the jigsaw to help get us up. But I see that many people do not want him back because of his association with Palace (and I respect that is your opinion). So for a bit of fun I thought I'd run a poll particularly asking those that don't want him back an honest question.

If it was your career aspiration to be a professional footballer, but an offer from the Albion never came but Palace offered you a contract - would you sign ?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
And by the same token, if someone offered you a job for more money because of your experience in a given profession that were in direct competition to your current employer who wasn't really bothered with your input and was happy to let you go, would you say no?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Put it another way.

If I started my career at Brighton, moved to Newcastle and had a few good years, then at the end of my contract Sunderland offered to more than double my wage... Would I refuse to sign for them because of the Newcastle fans dislike of Sunderland? Would I say "No, I would rather uproot my family and look for a worse salary somewhere else in the country just so Newcastle fans still like me"?....

I'd move to Sunderland.

No hard feelings at all towards Glenn Murray. He's a great player who banged in a ton of goals for us and didn't celebrate or gloat when he came back.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I would sign for them then in the last minute of the last game of the season I would bang in an own goal consigning them to relegation, give the Holmesdale Frantics (both of them) the Vs, nut Pardew and walk away from football forever, Job done.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
I would sign on a 5 year contract on 250k a week (that way I might get paid about £2.5k a week) and trip over at the press conference and be out for the whole first season and then just be a sick note for the next 4 years after that. I would then take the 25 million I earn from them and give Tony a call saying need a new investor

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I would sign on a 5 year contract on 250k a week (that way I might get paid about £2.5k a week) and trip over at the press conference and be out for the whole first season and then just be a sick note for the next 4 years after that. I would then take the 25 million I earn from them and give Tony a call saying need a new investor

Are you talking about Darren Anderton or Jack Wilshere? I thought this was a Glenn Murray thread?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'd take a cut in wages to play for them, if it was written into my contract that I had to play. They'd be in the conference pretty quick.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Depends on the options.

If the scum were my one and only option, and no other club was ever going to require my services and I needed to put food on the table, and was incapable of doing anything else, then I suppose I would have to.

But if I had options, ANY options, I'd never join them.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
If an ugly woman, with scummy friends, living in a squalid house offered you money to move in, would you make the move? He did and he's welcome back in my book.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Anyone who's anwered no is either a) foolish or b) already very rich!

Or C, their pants are on fire.

You just have to look at Harry "one of our own" Kane wearing an Arse shirt to know that if you want to be a professional footballer you go with whoever wants you the most.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Or C, their pants are on fire.

You just have to look at Harry "one of our own" Kane wearing an Arse shirt to know that if you want to be a professional footballer you go with whoever wants you the most.

Correct.

If Brighton were offering me £25k a week and Palace offered me £50k, I'd be off there in a shot.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
....as long as he scores lots of goals - and doesn't kiss the shirt, I would be pleased (not euphoric) to see him return. Such a return would remind us that football is first, last and foremost a business (as if we didn't already know).

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I'd take a cut in wages to play for them, if it was written into my contract that I had to play. They'd be in the conference pretty quick.

You should be more confident in your own ability.........

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
One difference between Murray and Zamora is that the latter had the chance to join Palace, some years ago, and chose not to.

If Murray returns, I hope that he refrains from kissing the badge when he scores. When Bobby kisses the badge, we know that he means it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here