Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Keane injured...bye bye Wilson

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think he will be heading up the m6 tomorrow

To be honest with the way things have been going for him lately l won't shed too many tears if he is recalled. He hasn't figured for us at all for a few games, (allegedly through illness I know), and with Baldock fit again, and Skalak at the club now, I don't think we will miss him too much.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
He'll slot perfectly into van Gals plans I'm sure.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Still think he could be a special player when 100% fit. See Charlton goal, and the clever finishes v Derby and Huddersfield.

He offers blistering pace up front, which we don't have from the other centre forwards.

I wonder if this 'slight groin strain' is in effect Man Utd deciding that they want him back.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Still think he could be a special player when 100% fit. See Charlton goal, and the clever finishes v Derby and Huddersfield.

He offers blistering pace up front, which we don't have from the other centre forwards.

I wonder if this 'slight groin strain' is in effect Man Utd deciding that they want him back.

Doubtful. If Man U wanted him back he would already be there. They don't need to make excuses.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Good player when on form and fit. The injury only seems to be part of his problem. He looks exhausted after very little effort.
And indeed United would need no excuse to take him back

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Still reckon he's had glandular fever in which case nobody will get more than 20 minutes a game out of him for the rest of the season.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Fantastic player that we've only seem glimpses of but cos he's had an injury & illness NSCs finest have written him off :lol: standard...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
In my opinion, we got Wilson at the wrong time. The first club to get a young player like Wilson rarely gets the value out of him, we're more of a stepping stone for him and can expect a performance or two, a goal or two, and then he'll go back and have a loan in the Premier League next season where he'll be pretty good but then he'll be back at Man Utd and he'll be a special player - he's going to be an England International, no question about that for me. He has the skill, technique and balance to really progress if his attitude is right, which I think it is.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
In my opinion, we got Wilson at the wrong time. The first club to get a young player like Wilson rarely gets the value out of him, we're more of a stepping stone for him and can expect a performance or two, a goal or two, and then he'll go back and have a loan in the Premier League next season where he'll be pretty good but then he'll be back at Man Utd and he'll be a special player - he's going to be an England International, no question about that for me. He has the skill, technique and balance to really progress if his attitude is right, which I think it is.

That'll be with us then?? :wink:

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Fantastic player that we've only seem glimpses of but cos he's had an injury & illness NSCs finest have written him off :lol: standard...

Agree with this. He offers something that none of our other forwards has; combination of pace, skill and an instinct for goal.

Suggesting that we don't need him because of Baldock's return (our non-striking striker!) and Skalak (promising but unproven) seems a triumph of hope over experience to me...

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
If he isn't starting for us I really can't see him going directly into the Utd team!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Ha. He's been *definitely* going back on loan according to reports on here, or on his way back up the M6, every couple of days since he arrived thanks to either him scoring for us, Man U's injury crisis, or form crisis or because , er, i dunno. LVG and the club keep denying it but then they would wouldn't they. Thats nearly three long months ago now.

yet it still never seems to happen does it. ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If he goes, he goes.

Que sera sera.

Always injured now anyway, so it won't make much difference to us.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Wilson is our best forward by some way in my opinion. Hope he stays and gets fit sharpish. We wont go up without him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here