Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most errors in the Championship

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Interesting stat - at least we are top of the league at something!!!

MATCH FACTS

Bristol City have scored just one goal in their last six league games against Brighton at Ashton Gate (W1 D2 L3).
Brighton have avoided defeat in all five of their most recent games against the Robins, winning four and drawing one.
Jonathan Kodjia ended a run of 11 Championship games without scoring, by scoring twice in Saturday's 2-0 win at MK Dons.
No Championship side has made more errors leading to goals this season than Brighton (8).

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We'd also hit the woodwork more than any other team last time I checked.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Cardiff also hadn't beaten us in 8 meetings and tomorrow is similar and no doubt a defeat tomorrow will be on the cards.
Not surprised as we do make a lot of stupid errors.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I think it's amazing we've made the most errors in the Championship but are 4th! Highlights how unpredictable the league is.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
When were those errors, and where would we be if it wasn't for those errors?

As frustrating and disappointing those errors are, could potentially illustrate how good we are that some of our defeats have 'only' been the result of errors.

Spinal Wheels

Apr 9, 2012
Newick
Yes
Most errors leading to goals conceded in the Championship.
Hit the woodwork more times than any Championship team.
Given wins away & points on at least three occasions away from home in the dying minutes by conceding.
Oh & we missed a pen as well at Wolves which had we scored we would have won that game.
Take some of these problems away & we would be walking away with the league this season.
Ah well, better luck at Bristol City we hope.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Mistakes leading to goals:

1. Ipswich away penalty
2. Reading away - Stockdale dropped Blackman shot.
3. Burnley away - penalty
4. Derby away - penalty
5. Ipswich home - Dunk back pass
6. Wolves home - Goldson own goal
7. QPR away - Dunk sent off, space for Austin to strike.
8. Cardiff penalty

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

1. Ipswich away penalty
4. Derby away - penalty
8. Cardiff penalty

Can't agree with the Cardiff pen being a mistake. That was softer than a month-old banana.
The 2nd goal, Stockdales duff kick hitting Stephens, followed by a pathetic flap as the shot went straight through him was a far bigger mistake. And Dunk was hardly great either, waving him through.

Dec 29, 2011

1. Ipswich away penalty
4. Derby away - penalty
8. Cardiff penalty

That's about 10 points dropped right there.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Interesting Albion stat from BBC website:

No Championship side has made more errors leading to goals this season than Brighton (8).

Have we become more error prone this season or punished more clinically for the errors we have made?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We concede goals of the type I very rarely see us score i.e. sloppy mistakes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

1. Ipswich away penalty
4. Derby away - penalty
8. Cardiff penalty

Amended for you.

There's nothing so snidey as changing someone's post, and, as the first quote reveals, they haven't all been Dunk's errors.

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Yes
Most errors leading to goals conceded in the Championship.
Hit the woodwork more times than any Championship team.
Given wins away & points on at least three occasions away from home in the dying minutes by conceding.
Oh & we missed a pen as well at Wolves which had we scored we would have won that game.
Take some of these problems away & we would be walking away with the league this season.
Ah well, better luck at Bristol City we hope.

We've also (I bet) scraped more wins this season (by just one goal) than anyone else too and have certainly been lucky in some of those games too so it does even out.

The errors thing is frustrating though and most of them can be laid at Dunk's door, he's made far more than his quota this season....... He's also got away with some blatant penalties and errors that probably should have led to a goal. The reason we don't capitalise on such errors by the opposition is that our only natural goal scorer is BZ and he doesn't have the pace to get away from his marker these days. If only Wilson was fit......!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The errors thing is frustrating though and most of them can be laid at Dunk's door, he's made far more than his quota this season....... He's also got away with some blatant penalties and errors that probably should have led to a goal.

I am now seriously worried by his inability to handle a lot of forward players in this division. If you watch film of us defending, you regularly see Dunk, clearly caught out of position, flying in at the last moment, in a desperate bid to block or tackle. He is turned so easily ( even Heskey was doing it! ) and doesn't seem to be learning how to manage strikers, how to shepherd them into less dangerous positions and ensuring they play on their weaker side as much as possible. When we had Upson playing alongside Greer, it was calmness personified. With Dunk there, you don't feel the same. It just feels like a mistake waiting to happen.
Sadly, he is, in my book, the single biggest disappointment this season. In the absence of the two most senior centre-backs, I wanted him to stamp his authority on the back four. To take control and lead. I now feel more calm watching Goldson, than I do Dunk. Maybe he hasn't ' trained on ' and his ability is now levelling out and this is as good as he is going to get. On this season's form, he hasn't a prayer of playing at a higher level.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Dunk does not make errors - he does things that are stupid (heading a ball on the ground, persistent shirt pulling, giving strikers space, last ditch tackles to try to remedy the mess). Errors can be coached out but stupidity can't - and Dunk does the same things over and again. To push on next season we need an upgrade on Dunk who has reached his level now. Goldson has great promise, Uwe needs to stay fit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here