Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Martin Samuel has a POP at us in his column today

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...vating-status-FA-Cup-ruin-Premier-League.html

About halfway down

Brighton still just borrowers

Brighton are upset that Louis van Gaal revealed the terms of James Wilson’s loan deal, stating that the player can be recalled at any time. They think this could damage his focus but, basically, it’s none of their business. Wilson isn’t really their player, so they don’t get to make the rules. On loan, he’s still Manchester United’s man.

1. Nothing whatsoever has come out of the club to indicate that we are "upset" at LVG saying Wilson could be recalled.
2. All the while he's wearing the stripes, he is here playing for OUR club, so how could it possibly be "none of our business" ??
3. Who says we are trying to make the rules ? Wind yer neck in, Bluto

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Since when did anything written in that vile rag matter?
As if the scum are likely to want our 4th choice striking option back.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
2. All the while he's wearing the stripes, he is here playing for OUR club, so how could it possibly be "none of our business" ??
And we're paying his wages. Samuel's an idiot.

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
Cheeky feck, ah well no one reads that anyway and by posting that article on NSC the total views wil probably treble so maybe that's what the 'journo' was going for!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I usually like Martin Samuel tbh, his column is one of the few reasons I try to navigate that horrific website of theirs (even though at work it usually crashes my browser within about 3 clicks). But when it comes to anything outside the PL, like a lot of journos he's often pretty clueless.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I used to read him until he moved to that vile rag, so, to me his opinion is an irrelevance.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Yer, cause he is vital to our success. We have hardly been over using him have we, and I would imagine if we get Murray in a couple of weeks, Wilson will become even more of a bit player.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I would like to know exactly what is wrong with James Wilson regarding his mysterious illness/ slight groin strain.

The Argus thought he would probably be in the squad for the last 2 games, but he wasn't.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I would like to know exactly what is wrong with James Wilson regarding his mysterious illness/ slight groin strain.

The Argus thought he would probably be in the squad for the last 2 games, but he wasn't.

Would you like your medical details to be discussed in public? The club keep it to themselves, which is how it should be.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How can it possibly "damage his focus" when everyone connected with the Albion knew he could be recalled, fans included. I am assuming Wilson himself knew before LVG was quoted :rolleyes:

Anyway he appears to be permanently unavailable these days. Maybe he wants to go home...

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Would you like your medical details to be discussed in public? The club keep it to themselves, which is how it should be.
They normally let the public know of injuries to current players. Bong, Rosenier, March, Baldock, and slight injuries to Greer, Kayal ect.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Has anyone actually said it could damage his focus? I assume they must've done for him to have written that but I don't remember seeing it anywhere.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Completely pointless use of a column inch. A youth loan always has a recall clause so why on earth would we be angry about it or shocked that LVG revealed this particular deal re this loan

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
AS NotAndyNaylor commented on a previous thread

Nothing to see here, folks. If you read the Metro link, it says that it comes from a story in The Independent. It was written by Miguel Delaney, a keen young football writer whom I know vaguely, and I contacted him when it dropped online last night to point out the recall option had been known from day one. He said he'd got the story from a source "high up" but admitted he hadn't checked and was furious - at the source and himself for not checking. But by then the Indy had gone to press and the online story had been picked up by the Star and Metro, neither of whom checked either.

That, my friends, is the state of the media today. Experienced journalists are made redundant because they're too expensive and replaced by people who are enthusiastic and cheap.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
attachment.php

By the look of him, he should go back to his previous job of 'pie tester for Greggs' :tosser:

Attachments

• ms.jpg
    ms.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 1,053

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here