Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] MANAGERS' VIEWS: HUGHTON AND SLADE

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
The post-match thoughts of Chris Hughton and Russell Slade.

CHRIS HUGHTON feels Brighton & Hove Albion missed out on a great chance to move into the Championship top two following the 4-1 defeat at Cardiff City on Saturday.He said, “It was a good opportunity for us, but it shows what this league is about. We’ve been on a good run and deserve to be where we are.
"We went on a very good run before taking a dip in form and this game has seen our recent good run come to an end.
"But there is never an easy game and going away to Cardiff is always going to be a very tough game, but we made it more comfortable for them than what it should’ve been.
“I’m confident we’ll bounce back from this one.”
The Albion manager was pleased with the performance of Jiri Skalak, making his first start for the club, and to see Liam Rosenior make his first appearance since suffering a knee injury last November.
“We found it difficult to get him [Skalak] on the ball in that first-half period but once the game opened up, he was a real positive.
“Liam Rosenior has been out for almost three months and that was his first involvement in the second half. That was a plus for us, but there were minimal plusses.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

RUSSELL SLADE believes his side’s performance against Brighton & Hove Albion was among the finest during his spell in charge of Cardiff City.
He told walesonline.co.uk, "It would have to be up there with the best since I’ve been here.
“I was very pleased with the performance at Wolves a few weeks ago where I thought we were excellent that day.
“Our movement was good, we got into some good positions and managed to finish. We were ruthless and it was really good to see.
“It is a boost and I have told the players I still feel there is plenty of improvement to come from us. I say that because we have new partnerships out there. Stuart O’Keefe and Joe Ralls have not played together that often in midfield, Anthony Pilkington has been up front and we have added new faces to the equation in Tom Lawrence and Lex Immers.
“It is a new team, a young team in certain areas and we are maturing. It was a real mature performance. We committed forward when we had to and we were resilient when we had to be. We were tactically disciplined against a side who are king of the counter-attack. If you leave yourself open they can hurt you, the balance was key and we had that.”
The Cardiff manager singled out Pilkington for praise in an adjusted formation.
“If anything he is very unfortunate not to score more goals. His man-of-the-match award was well deserved, he is a real attacking fulcrum for us and brings others into play.
“We were more of a threat today in our shape. We did not have [Craig] Noone or [Sammy] Ameobi so we had to tweak and adapt.”
[h=3]ALBION V LEEDS UNITED
[/h]MONDAY 29TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY **
[/h]TUESDAY 8TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V READING
[/h]FRIDAY 11TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here