Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking Charge Asda Marina

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Hi All

Apologies as I know that this is an issue that is sometimes covered on the board but my eldest has received a parking charge notice from Smart Parking. It relates to overstaying 15 mins in the Asda Marina car park. I seem to remember in previous threads many have said that these are not enforceable, is this still the case?

Cheers Chaps

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Yeah he should have done and realizes this now, but didn't want to park in two different places whilst he got his shopping and did a couple of other things

Are these tickets enforceable

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The marina is ridiculous for parking. We went to the cinema and wanted to stay for lunch - until we realised we only had half an hour left on the parking. You would think they would want people to stay around

Or maybe Asda want their car park to be available for shoppers at their store!!

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
If your son has a receipt for his shopping, you might find that Asda will be able to revoke the parking charge even though it is not they who enforce it.

That said, I'm sure most on here will advise to ignore the charge while bracing yourself for the succession of threatening letters through the post. Not nice.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But the parking limit includes the multi-storey too - that makes no sense. I can understand why the Asda car park has a limit, but not the multi-storey

Does it ?

Thats news to me. I've always taken the multi-story to be a freebie, been using it for years when we go to the cinema and a bite to eat, which is nearly always 2 hours+. I've never once come back to a ticket.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I got done by this, the multi storey can't take my car as its too high and bangs the roof

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Hi All

Apologies as I know that this is an issue that is sometimes covered on the board but my eldest has received a parking charge notice from Smart Parking. It relates to overstaying 15 mins in the Asda Marina car park. I seem to remember in previous threads many have said that these are not enforceable, is this still the case?

Cheers Chaps

Your son should appeal using a template from MSE ( google MSE Smart Parking ). It will get rejected and he should then appeal to POPLA. At the same time he should have a go at Asda. Good news is that Smart have never done court - so he could just ignore it but I'd recommend doing the appeals. What he shouldn't do is pay it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Unless that's changed in the past six months then yes. Sounds like they don't enforce it too much

4 hours free. (who wants to stay are the Marina longer than that? ???)

http://www.brightonmarina.co.uk/38-brighton-marina/120-parking

Well there ya go then.

I didn't actually realise it was a 4 hour limit tbh, but as you say, can't see me ever wanting or needing to stay longer than that. Unless I'm seeing a Lord of the Rings type EPIC, plus scoffage.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Does it ?

Thats news to me. I've always taken the multi-story to be a freebie, been using it for years when we go to the cinema and a bite to eat, which is nearly always 2 hours+. I've never once come back to a ticket.

Multistory has 4 hr limit

boik

Must be me, but I don't understand this mentality where people think they can appeal every parking charge, even when they know they have overstayed the time limit. These same people would moan like hell if they couldn't park for shopping because people had parked all day and gone somewhere else. It's not exactly tricky to read the signs and set a reminder on your phone, and when you cock up it's your fault.

Everyone is always looking for someone else to blame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here